Foundation / Corporation
Omaha Community Foundation (OCF)
03/01/19 11:59 PM
Grants of up to $30,000 to Omaha, Nebraska nonprofit organizations for programs and projects that improve the quality of life for local African Americans. Funding may be provided for, but is not limited to, proposals related to the following areas of focus:
-Arts and culture (visual arts, arts education, cultural programs)
-Basic human needs (food, shelter, clothing)
-Community development (leadership training, youth programs)
-Health and wellness (medical, dental, mental or behavioral health, nutrition, physical activities)
-Capacity building (fundraising, technology or operating expenses)
Organizations with a significant percentage of African American clients, management, staff, and board members will receive extra consideration by the committee.
Applications that propose collaborative projects among multiple organizations are welcome.
GrantWatch ID#: 179883
Grants will be provided up to $30,000.
- Public, tax-exempt organization as defined by Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, or working with a 501(c)(3) fiscal agent who can receive funds on your behalf
- There is no longer an organizational operating budget limit. Organizations of all sizes that fit the other criteria are eligible to apply.
- Innovative programs, initiatives, services or other ideas within the focus areas that serve African Americans in the Omaha, Nebraska.
- Applicants from previous years may apply again this year. Those who received grants last year are eligible provided an evaluation report has been submitted on time to the Omaha Community Foundation.
- Applicants’ policies and practices must be in alignment with the following non-discrimination clause: the applicant organization does not discriminate in hiring practices or service provision to clients and/or customers based on race, ethnicity, religious preference, age, [mental, emotional, or physical] ability/disability, gender orientation, gender identity, military service, or gender.
The Omaha Community Foundation does not make grants in support of individuals, for political campaigns or lobbying efforts, for new small businesses established for personal gain or profit, to support annual fund drives, capital campaigns, to fund an agency’s deficit or endowment, or for the direct support of religious activities. Secular activities provided by religious organizations may be eligible for grant funds.
Applications are accepted annually from January 1 until March 1 (11:59 pm). Decisions are announced in May. Only responses submitted online can be considered.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Click here to access the online grant application:
For questions, please contact:
Katrina Adams, Program Associate
General Contact Information:
3555 Farnam Street
Omaha, NE 68131
Phone: 800 794.3458
Fax: 402 342.3458
USA: Nebraska: Omaha