Foundation / Corporation
Decatur County Community Foundation (DCCF)
09/15/18 4:00 PM
Grants ranging from $1,500 to $20,000 to Indiana nonprofit organizations and government entities for community programs that benefit Decatur County. Funding is intended for the focus areas of civic and community, education, health and human services, arts, literacy, historic preservation, safety, youth, and recreation.
Focus area details:
- Civic and Community: To support and develop community activities and programs, which are designed to improve life in Decatur County.
- Education: To support all levels of education.
- Health and Human Services: To strengthen services to families and individuals and to support health and prevention programs.
- Arts and literacy: To support art appreciation from spoken to visual to written, encourage public display of art, support art conservation, develop artistic quality and promote audience development.
- Historic preservation: To promote pride in our community history through the maintenance of items of historical significance.
- Safety: To protect and promote the general overall safety of the Decatur County citizens.
- Youth and recreation: To support programs which encourage the development of the community’s youth or encourage the overall physical well being of all ages of the population.
High priorities - When reviewing grant applications, committee members look for projects that include these characteristics:
- New and innovative projects or programs, including start-ups
- Projects which Foundation funds can be used as match, seed money or challenge grant funding from other donors
- Projects which will make a significant impact in the community
- Projects which act as a catalyst for action and community participation
While not of highest priority, projects which promote collaboration are important.
GrantWatch ID#: 179898
The Foundation typically makes grants ranging from $1,500 to $20,000.
The Foundation typically does not fund multi-year or long-term projects.
The Decatur County Community Foundation makes unrestricted grants to nonprofit organizations serving Decatur County.
Applicants must include a copy of 501(c)3- if you do not have your own 501(c)3, you must have an IRS letter from the organization sponsoring you and a letter stating their approval to seek the grant. In the case of a governmental entity, a letter showing approval of governing body to seek the grant.
The Decatur County Community Foundation will only make grants to projects benefiting Decatur County residents.
Typically the Decatur County Community Foundation does not support the following:
- Individual and team travel expenses
- Individuals except in the forms of scholarships
- Multi-year or long-term funding
- Fund the creation of an endowment
- Programs that fall appropriately under government funding
- Annual appeals
- Projects considered part of the school curriculum
- Attendance to conferences, seminars or other projects
- Annual campaigns
- Projects where DCCF is the sole funder
The Decatur County Community Foundation will normally not fund the following:
- Political activities
- Make-up operating deficits
- Post-event or after the fact situations
- On-going operating expenses
- Debt reduction
- Religious organizations for religious purposes
First-time applicants are encouraged to contact the Foundation prior to submitting the letter of intent.
The Decatur County Community Foundation has three grant cycles. The Letter of intent is due to the Foundation office on or before 4:00 pm on: February 15th, May 16th, and September 15. Application deadlines will be included with the grant application packets.
Each applicant is required to submit a Letter of Intent which is reviewed to see if it complies with general guidelines. No application will be sent without an LOI. Upon acceptance, the applicant will receive a grant application packet.
The Foundation will only fund one request per 12 month period.
All applicants will be notified in writing regarding funding decisions.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Decatur County Community Foundation
101 East Main Street, Suite 1
Greensburg, IN 47240
Tami Wenning, Executive Director
USA: Indiana: Decatur County