Foundation / Corporation
Silicon Valley Creates (SVCREATES)
04/05/19 5:00 PM Pacific
Grants of up to $10,000 to Santa Clara County, California small and mid-sized nonprofit arts organizations for general operating support. Grants are available for organizations whose primary purpose is to produce, present and perform open-to-all arts and cultural activities primarily in the County.
- Demonstrate artistic quality while reflecting the dynamic, diverse, and innovative character of Santa Clara County
- Positively impact the County's cultural ecosystem through active and sustained engagement with audiences, volunteers, and artists
-Pursue organizational sustainability in service to the local community
Additional grantee benefits:
- Discounts on SV Creates conferences and workshops
- Two hours of professional coaching
- Content Magazine subscription
GrantWatch ID#: 179939
The organizations funding level determines the maximum grant request.
Funding level 1
- Total expenses $8,000 to $99,999.
- Maximum request $4,000.
- Organizations with total expenses less than $8,000 may request 50% of total expenses for the past fiscal year.
Funding level 2
- Total expenses $100,000 to $299,999.
- Maximum request $5,500.
Funding level 3
- Total expenses $300,000 to $999,999.
- Maximum request $9,000.
Funding level 4
- Total expenses $1 million to $2.5 million.
- Maximum request $10,000.
If your organization falls between funding levels over the past few years, or you need additional guidance in selecting your funding level, please consult with SV Creates’ staff.
The grant term for 2019 Local Arts Grants is July 1, 2019 to June 30, 2020.
- Geography: Your organization’s home base (primary business office or performance/exhibition venue/facility) must be located in Santa Clara County and the majority of your arts programming (performances, presentations, exhibitions) must take place in Santa Clara County.
- History: Your organization must have been performing, producing or presenting in Santa Clara County a minimum of 3-years prior to the term of the grant.
- Size: Your organization’s budget (total expenses of last completed fiscal year) must not exceed $2.5 million (exclusive of in-kind).
- Tax Status: Your organization must be a California non-profit corporation with a 501c3 tax-exempt certification.
Level 1 and 2 applicants may use a fiscal sponsor with 501c3 tax-exempt status.
Level 3 and 4 applicants must be 501c3 nonprofits.
- Your organization must have satisfied all of the reporting requirements of any previously awarded grants from SV Creates.
Ineligible organizations and projects:
- For-profit organizations are not eligible.
- Institutions of primary and secondary education are not eligible.
- Local governments are not eligible.
- Universities and colleges are limited to providing fiscal sponsorship for one arts program only. Grants may not support operating costs for the university or college, but must be applied to program and overhead costs of the applying entity.
- Grants may not be applied toward support for political or religious purposes, fundraisers for other organizations or causes, capital improvements, the purchase of equipment or real property, or projects already completed.
Please attend one of two workshops offered in February to review the new application portal, updates to this year’s applications and tips for a strong application:
- February 7, 10:00-11:00 AM: School of Arts and Culture, Mexican Heritage Plaza
- February 12, 6:00 to 7:00 PM: Triton Museum of Art, Santa Clara
- February 4, 2019: Grant application opens on the SV Creates online grant portal
- February 7, 2019 from 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM: Local Arts Grants Workshop #1
Apply here: https://www.svcreates.org/2019/01/17/local-arts-grants-application-workshop
- February 12, 2019 from 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM: Local Arts Grants Workshop #2
Apply here: https://www.svcreates.org/2019/01/17/local-arts-grants-application-workshop-2
- April 5, 2019: Deadline for all applications
- May to June 2019: Panel review sessions
- June 2019: Grant award notifications sent by email
The LAG application and all supporting materials are submitted online through SV Creates new online grant portal.
Applications will be assessed on the quality of programs, impact, and sustainability. All applications will be reviewed by “funding level.” Your organization’s funding level is determined by your total operating budget for the last completed fiscal year. This marks a change from previous grant cycles when applications were reviewed by “focus area.” You will not be required to select a focus area.
Account activation for previous SV Creates Grantees video: https://vimeo.com/302906811
Site access and account creation for first-time applicants to SV Creates video: https://vimeo.com/302908163
Applying for funding video: https://vimeo.com/302909084
Applicant dashboard video: https://vimeo.com/302909489
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Online application portal: https://www.grantinterface.com/Home/Logon?urlkey=svcreates
For questions please contact Alyssa Erickson, Program Manager:
38 W. Santa Clara Street
San Jose, CA 95113
USA: California: Santa Clara County