Foundation / Corporation
Waseca Area Foundation (WAF)
Grants to Minnesota nonprofit organizations and government agencies for community development programs and projects that meet the changing needs of the Waseca area. Funding is intended to promote quality recreational, social service, educational, wellness, civic, and cultural opportunities.
Preference is given to projects meeting the following criteria:
- Projects that have the greatest potential for long-term community benefits.
- Projects that have the highest potential for success in achieving their objectives, as may be evidenced by the organization's degree of commitment and ability to obtain the needed resources to plan,
organize, implement and complete the project with integrity.
- Projects that meet community needs not currently being met.
- Projects that promote volunteer participation and citizen involvement in meeting our community's needs.
GrantWatch ID#: 179943
Multiple-year grants may be considered.
Grants are made to nonprofit organizations under 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and to government agencies. Agencies applying for funds must serve residents of Waseca and the surrounding area.
- Grants generally cannot be made to individuals.
- Grants are not usually made to support operating expenses of well-established organizations or in response to annual fund drives for sustaining support. On occasion, the Foundation may provide such support on a short-term basis when it is critical to the survival of a key agency or program, which has been placed in jeopardy by changes in funding patterns.
- Grants are not usually made to establish or add to endowment funds.
- Grants from discretionary funds will not ordinarily be made for the general use of churches or for sectarian religious purposes except from designated portions of the Foundation, which have been established for such purposes.
- Grants from discretionary funds generally are not made for scholarships.
Projects which involve capital investments will be considered if a nonprofit organization of the Foundation maintains the title to and/or ownership of the property.
The Waseca Area Foundation deadline is March 31st.
Applications due by mail or email to the Waseca Area Foundation office by March 31st. Applicants will receive acknowledgment that the application was received from Karen Buum, Executive Director. If an applicant does not receive this confirmation of receipt please call Karen Buum.
The Foundation encourages the participation of others in funding projects, and, on occasion, provides matching funds or challenge grants in an attempt to stimulate increased response from other sources.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Applications should be mailed to:
Waseca Area Foundation
501 E Elm Ave
Waseca, MN 56093
Or, emailed to Karen Buum, Executive Director.
USA: Minnesota: Waseca and the surrounding area