Foundation / Corporation
Waseca Area Foundation (WAF) - E. F. Johnson Foundation (EFJF)
Grants to Minnesota nonprofit organizations, agencies, and government units for community benefit programs, primarily in the Waseca County area. Funding is intended for programs in education, arts, culture, and human services. The Foundation's educational priorities include scholarships and programs for secondary (7-12) school students, which may include staff training for specialized technological curriculum.
The E. F. Johnson Foundation concentrates about 60% of its budget on education and 40% on human services and arts and cultural programs.
The E. F. Johnson Foundation prefers to provide funds for programs rather than capital grants.
- Extent to which the program meets the foundation's guidelines and fits into focus areas.
- Capacity of the requesting organizations to achieve the desired results.
- Adequacy and availability of additional sources of funding for the proposed program. Matching assistance is desirable.
- Likelihood of program success and sustenance.
- Availability and quality of the applicant's plan for evaluating the results of the program.
- Potential impacts of the program on the citizens of the Waseca County area.
GrantWatch ID#: 180016
Pledges are made for one year at a time unless there are special circumstances.
Programs must fit into one of the foundation's focus areas and meet the following guidelines:
- Eligible organizations must be classified by the IRS as tax-exempt governmental bodies or nonprofit organizations (501(c) 3) and maintain adequate accounting procedures.
- All grants are made in accordance with current regulations of the Internal Revenue Code.
- The foundation in consultation with the Waseca Area Foundation Board reserves the right to shift its focus in response to the needs of the community.
The foundation will not approve grants for these organizations or purposes:
- Religious or political organizations.
- Capital campaigns.
- Organizations less than a year old that do not have broad community support.
- Health-related programs.
- National or local fundraising campaigns, ticket sales, fundraising dinners or similar activities.
- National foundations or general funds.
- Travel, conferences or administrative costs, unless travel is a part of the cost to participate in educational competitions; e.g. Science Olympiad.
Contributions intended for endowments, contingencies, reserve purposes or deficit reduction are not generally favored.
The committee meets in October, and the awards are announced in November.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Please send to WAF office at:
501 E Elm Ave
Waseca, MN 56093
Or email to Karen Buum at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions, call (507) 835-5990 or email the address above.
USA: Minnesota: Waseca County area