Foundation / Corporation
03/08/19 5:00 PM Receipt
Grants to Fayette County, Kentucky nonprofit organizations and individual artists for community-focused arts and culture projects. Funding is intended for specific projects with an arts or cultural focus that have clear artistic and social benefits and are accessible to the general public.
Preference will be given to those applicants that hire, partner or collaborate with professional artists and arts professionals.
Projects may include festivals, exhibitions, readings, performances; professionally directed public art projects such as murals, temporary sculptural installations, environmental art; and planning for the redesign of existing public spaces for cultural activities.
Program Category - The following definitions represent the six types of program categories applicable to Community Arts grant support:
- Literary Arts: Programs involving creative writers, including poets, novelists and short-story writers
- Performing Arts: Programs involving the performing arts (e.g., theater, dance and music).
- Visual Arts: The visual arts include painting, drawing, printmaking, sculpture, crafts, fiber arts, film and new media.
- Cultural/Multi-Arts: Programs presenting a cultural art or combining more than one form of art (e.g., festivals, neighborhood events, etc.) .
- Youth Arts: Programs specifically targeting young people as the primary audience. Programs might include arts education and training or participation in other kinds of arts or cultural events, such as a public celebration or festival.
- Public Art: Projects involving temporary or permanent artwork in the public realm, including but not limited to murals, sculpture, interactive and community engagement projects.
GrantWatch ID#: 180031
The maximum grant request cannot exceed $2,500.
The 2019-2020 Community Arts Grant program will fund projects that occur in the period of July 1, 2019 – June 30, 2020.
Multi-year funding is not supported.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply Online: https://lexarts.gosmart.org/
For more information, contact:
Nieta Wigginton, Community Arts Manager
161 North Mill Street
Lexington, KY 40507
USA: Kentucky: Fayette County