Wyoming Arts Council (WAC)
Grants of up to $20,000 to Wyoming nonprofit organizations, school districts, colleges, faith-based organizations, government agencies, and tribal governments for arts projects and operating support serving local communities. Funding is intended to support arts education activities, operating and project support, outreach to rural communities, programs involving folk artists, and professional development.
Proposals may include one or all five components of this grant.
For specific allowable costs, see https://wyoarts.state.wy.us/grants/guidelines-requirements/.
GrantWatch ID#: 180091
An organization is eligible to receive up to $20,000, as follows:
- Operating and Project Support: Up to $12,000
- Arts education activities: Up to $5,000
- Professional development : Up to $1,000
- Programs involving folk artists: Up to $1,000
- Outreach to rural communities: Up to $1,000
Projects will take place from 7/1/19 – 6/30/20.
Applicant organizations must either be a 501(c) non-profit organization or a government agency to be eligible to receive Wyoming Arts Council funding, in accordance with the following:
1. 501(c)3 non-profit organizations:
- The Internal Revenue Service determines who meets the criteria of being a 501(c)3 non-profit organization.
- Churches that meet the Internal Revenue Service requirements of IRC section 501(c)(3) are considered tax exempt if they meet the five requirements listed in the IRS Tax Guide for Churches and Other Religious Organizations.
2. Government agency: Includes tribal government, municipal, county, state and federal government, higher education and school districts.
- Tribal Government: Each Tribe may receive one Community Support Grant per year, per department.
- City and County Government: Each entity may receive one Community Support Grant per year.
- State Government: Each entity within each department may receive one Community Support Grant per year.
- School Districts: Each District may receive one Community Support Grant per year.
- University of Wyoming and Wyoming Community Colleges: Each department at these educational institutions may apply for a grant. Proposed projects must serve a broad audience, be artistically excellent, incorporate outreach, and are not designed to primarily serve only the student population.
Organizations that do not meet these eligibility requirements may still be able to apply using a Fiscal Sponsor.
- Applicants must be a Wyoming or bordering state organization who primarily serve the citizens of Wyoming.
- Applicants must be in compliance with all applicable Wyoming state laws.
Individual artists cannot apply for this grant.
- Application Available: February 1st.
- Final Application Deadline: April 1st.
- Review Application Deadline: March 1st. This deadline is only available to applicants who did not receive a Community Support Grant the year before.
- May: Panels will meet to review/score the FY 2020 Community Support Grant Applications and make funding recommendations to the Wyoming Arts Council Board.
- June: The Wyoming Arts Council Board will convene to review panel recommendations on grants.
- By July 1st: Grantees will receive an email by this date to notify them if their grant was approved.
Complete applications must be submitted for Arts Council staff to review. If staff have suggestions to make the application stronger before it goes to panel for review, they will return the application to the Grant Seeker one time to allow them to make revisions, if they choose to. Returned applications must be re- submitted within seven (7) calendar days, and will be sent directly to panel for review (staff will not review them a second time). If staff do not have suggestions to make the application stronger before it goes to panel for review, they will not return it to the Grant Seeker for revisions.
Organizations that receive a Community Support Grant are not eligible to apply for any other Arts Council grants. (Organizations that do not receive a Community Support Grant are eligible to receive up to two grants in the other grant programs.)
How to Apply: https://wyoarts.state.wy.us/grants/fy18-grants/
Who Can Apply: https://wyoarts.state.wy.us/grants/can-apply-2/
Guidelines and FAQ: https://wyoarts.state.wy.us/grants/guidelines-requirements/
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Online application portal: https://www.cybergrants.com/pls/cybergrants/ao_login.login?x_gm_id=1933&x_proposal_type_id=50528
Karen Merklin - Grants Manager
Wyoming Arts Council
2301 Central Ave.
Barrett Building, Second Floor
Cheyenne, WY 82002