Foundation / Corporation
Community Foundation Serving Greeley and Weld County (CFSGWC)
06/14/19 4:00 PM MDT
Grants ranging from $250 to $2,500 to Weld County, Colorado K-12 teachers and educational personnel to develop effective teaching strategies and projects. Funding is intended to support teachers who promote student understanding, encourage and support interactive learning, and increase student achievement.
Proposed projects must be submitted by an eligible educator and may involve field trips, environmental or science projects, artistic or cultural experiences, civics or community service projects, and the creation of a final student product that promotes student learning.
Grant monies may be used to:
- Develop and implement creative and imaginative teaching approaches and techniques
- Enhance or expand current projects that demonstrate success
- Underwrite field trips and related expenses that are integral components of a project
- Hire consultants as necessary resources for a project to be successful.
GrantWatch ID#: 180144
Teachers may apply individually for grants of up to $1,000 (minimum $250), or teams of eligible educators may request funding of up to $2,500 ($1,000 maximum per team member; up to $2,500 total for a team of four or more educators) for collaborative projects involving multiple grades, buildings or districts.
Funds should be expended by May 1, 2020.
- Eligible teachers must currently teach full-time in a school in Weld County and serve students between the ages of 5 and 18 (Kindergarten through 12th grade).
- Eligible educators include those from elementary, K-8, middle, junior high and senior high schools in Weld County.
- Parochial and charter schools may submit an application.
- Non-teaching educational specialists, counselors, library and media personnel are also eligible to apply for these grants.
- Collaborative projects with other teachers, community groups, non-profit organizations (such as museums, libraries, theater companies, human-service agencies, etc.) and business-education partnerships are encouraged.
- A teacher may only be involved with one application per year.
Grant monies may not be used to:
- Underwrite purchase of equipment, unless equipment is an essential component for a proposed project and cannot be obtained through the district;
- Cover the costs of items normally included in the school’s general operating budget;
- Cover an educator’s salary outside the regular school calendar (i.e. after school or summer);
- Cover the cost of transportation;
- Purchase computer hardware. (Exceptions may apply)
These grants are meant as a supplement to general operating funds, not as a substitute.
Grant Deadline: June 14, 2019 at 4:00 p.m.
The school principal or administrator must understand and fully support the project, as evidenced by agreeing to the statement of support on the application form and final grant agreement. All checks awarded will be made payable to the school district/school and delivered directly to the school for the benefit of the teacher (or lead teacher if a collaborative project) to ensure proper depositing of the funds.
Application Information: https://www.grantinterface.com/Process/Apply?urlkey=cfsgwc
Application Preview: https://www.grantinterface.com/Form/Preview?form=386100&urlkey=cfsgwc
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Online Application: https://www.grantinterface.com/Home/Logon?urlkey=cfsgwc
Please contact Lauren Weber, Program Officer, by phone at 970-304-9970, or via e-mail at Lauren@cfsgwc.org if additional information is required.
The Community Foundation Serving Greeley and Weld County
2425 35th Avenue, Suite 201
Greeley, Colorado 80634
Phone: (970) 304-9970
USA: Colorado: Weld County