Foundation / Corporation
American Lawyers Alliance (ALA)
03/15/18 Postmarked or Emailed/Faxed by Date
Awards of $1,500 to honor and recognize USA teachers in public and private middle and high schools for their significant contributions in the area of law-related education. Three awards will be presented to eligible teachers who have developed educational programs that have:
- Furthered the understanding of the role of the courts, law enforcement agencies, and the legal profession;
- Helped students recognize their responsibilities as well as their rights;
- Encouraged effective law-related education programs in their schools and communities; and
- Increased communication among students, educators, and those involved professionally in the legal system.
GrantWatch ID#: 180153
Each of the three TOY winners will be presented a certificate and a $1500 cash (check) award at the Annual Meeting of the American Lawyers Alliance. An additional $500 (for hotel and travel expenses) will be given to each recipient who attends the Awards Luncheon.
Nominees must currently be teaching in public or private Middle and High schools in the United States.
Home school teachers are ineligible.
The Application Form is at the bottom of the URL for Full Text (RFP) link below.
Nominations for the 2018 ALA Law-Related Education Teacher of the Year Awards may be submitted by the applicant, school administrators, other teachers, students, lawyers, judges, professional members of the community, or any other interested parties.
- Teachers who applied but did not win in previous years are encouraged to reapply.
- A teacher may win an ALA LRE TOY Award only once.
- The complete entry (including Application Form) may not exceed ten pages.
- American Lawyers Alliance Board Members may not submit entries or write letters of recommendation for applicants.
- Entries will not be returned to applicants
Entries must be postmarked no later than March 15, 2018.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Applications may be mailed, emailed, or faxed to the award chairperson listed below.
Middle School Chair:
153 Abbott Woods Dr.
East Lansing, MI 48823
High School Chair:
5090 St. Joseph Island Lane
Vero Beach, Florida 32967
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming