Foundation / Corporation
Menorah Heritage Foundation (MHF)
05/31/19 11:59 PM
Grants of up to $10,000 to Kansas and Missouri nonprofit organizations in the greater Kansas City metropolitan area for general operating support. Interested applicants are required to contact the Foundation at least two weeks prior to deadlines and must submit a letter of intent prior to submitting a full proposal. Eligible applicants may apply from Johnson and Wyandotte Counties in Kansas, and Cass, Clay, Jackson, and Platte Counties in Missouri.
The General Community Core cycle supports core organization operating expenses. Grants prioritize funding to organizations providing emergency services and assistance, shelter, safety-net health care, crisis children’s services, and other crisis-based human services. Core operating support is defined as expenses incurred for day-to-day operations such as utilities, accounting services, audit expenses, technology, facility maintenance, professional development. Additional examples of General Community Core funding might include rent, office equipment, technology upgrades and training, and benefits and insurance. General Community Core grants assist recipients in meeting their stated mission by funding overall organization operations, independent of direct service costs.
GrantWatch ID#: 180155
Maximum grant requests: $10,000
Applicant organizations must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Tax Status: Eligible organizations must have been determined to have 501(c)(3) status by the Internal Revenue Service, and if this organization is a foundation, that it has been determined to be a non-private foundation.
- Geographic Parameters: Eligible organizations must maintain ongoing operations, including staffing and programs, within the greater Kansas City metropolitan area. (See eligible counties in Description above.) All funded services/programs are designed and carried out for the benefit of a target population living in the greater Kansas City metropolitan area. Any exception to this geographic limitation must be requested and approved by MHF prior to submission of any grant.
The Menorah Heritage Foundation does not typically make grants for the following:
- Lobbying, propaganda, or other attempts to influence legislation
- Sectarian purposes (programs that promote or require a religious doctrine)
- Capital campaigns
- Fundraising events, including sponsorship, tickets, and advertising
- Individual scholarship support
- Deficit funding
- Endowment support or multi-year commitments
This cycle consists of two phases:
- Step 1: Letter of Intent - Open March 1 and due April 15.
- Step 2: Application Deadline – Application information will be sent directly to those organizations who are invited to submit a full application by May 1. The grant application deadline is May 31, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. Grants are accepted through the online grant system only. Notification will be the week of September 16, 2019.
Please contact MHF at least two weeks prior to submission deadlines to ensure your organization is applying in the grant cycle that best fits your organization and your request.
The Menorah Heritage Foundation accepts only one grant request per organization per year.
Grant Application Information and Guidelines: https://mhfkc.org/grant/grant-information/
Apply for a Grant: https://mhfkc.org/apply-grant/
Registration tutorial: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8P9ImR-APIbOVI5YVBFUWpXbnc/view
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Online application portal: https://www.grantinterface.com/Home/Logon?urlkey=mhf
Email questions to: email@example.com
Menorah Heritage Foundation
5801 W. 115th Street, Ste. 104
Overland Park, KS 66211
USA: Kansas: Johnson and Wyandotte Counties; Missouri: Cass, Clay, Jackson, and Platte Counties