Foundation / Corporation
Community Foundation of Northeast Iowa (CFNEIA) - Winnebago County Community Foundation (WCCF)
04/01/19 11:59 PM (CST)
Grants starting at $1,000 to Iowa nonprofits and government agencies for programs and activities to enhance the quality of life and provide needed services for residents of Winnebago County. Funding is intended to support community development and benefit rural areas of the county.
Areas of Foundation giving are:
- Art and Culture
- Community Betterment
- Historic Preservation
- Human Service
Funding Priorities - The WCCF Committee places high priority on funding projects that:
- Address a community-based need, demonstrate broad community support, and benefits the community-at-large
- Show the organization’s ability to leverage funding and support from other sources, budgets should clearly show all matching funds for projects
- Maximize community resources through cooperation and collaboration with other organizations in the community and avoid replication of services, programs, or projects
- Applicant organization and staff’s capacity to achieve the desired result is important
- Show sustainability without additional long-term financial commitments from WCCF
GrantWatch ID#: 180185
Minimum grant request is $1,000.
Organizations must provide benefits to the people of the Winnebago County and must meet the following criteria in order to apply for a grant:
- Be classified as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization or be a government entity. Tax-exempt organizations classified as other than 501(c)(3) are also eligible if and only if the project is deemed charitable; please contact our office to discuss the project’s eligibility prior to submitting a proposal.
- Be current with all state and federal reporting requirements, such as filing of 990 forms.
- Must not have any past due grant reports for previous WCCF grants.
For groups, projects, or initiatives that do not meet the above eligibility requirements, the Community Foundation will consider your requests if submitted through a fiscal sponsor. Fiscal sponsors must be classified as a 501(c)(3) or a government entity. The Foundation prefers that the fiscal sponsor’s mission closely align with the sponsored project. Fiscal Sponsors will be legally and financially responsible for any grant funds that are awarded by the Winnebago County Community Foundation.
One application per organization (exceptions may be made for government entities or Fiscal Sponsor organizations). However, fiscal sponsors may submit only one application per sponsored organization and government entities may submit only one application per department. Schools are considered government entities for grant purposes.
Ineligible Applicants Include:
- Businesses/For-Profit Companies
- Churches for purpose of advancing one religion/evangelism
- Associations or Economic Development Groups for activities directly benefiting their members
The WCCF places low priority on the following and does not, as a general practice, fund these types of projects:
- Ongoing operating costs
- Church projects: projects that are for community-wide programs located in churches (such as food pantries, non-religious based daycares, senior citizen meals, etc.) may be considered for funding
- The grant application deadline is 11:59 p.m. on April 1, 2019.
- All applicants will be notified of the results of the grant process in mid-June 2019.
- Grant awards will be presented during a ceremony in July 8, 2019.
It is suggested that applicants, in particular first-time applicants, contact Program Manager Dotti Thompson to explore the appropriateness of requests and for any further guidance.
How to Use the Online System:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Grant Management Login: https://www.grantinterface.com/Home/Logon?urlkey=cfneia
For questions contact:
Dotti Thompson, Program Manager
Tom Wickersham, Program Director
Community Foundation of Northeast Iowa
3117 Greenhill Circle
Cedar Falls, Iowa 50613
Phone: (319) 287-9106
Fax: (319) 287-5015
USA: Iowa: Winnebago County