Foundation / Corporation
Cambridge Community Foundation (CCF)
02/15/18 5:00 PM
Grants to Cambridge, Massachusetts nonprofit organizations for programs and projects that address community needs related to homelessness and hunger, as well as other community needs. Funding may be used for focused programs and projects, launching creative initiatives, building organizational capacity, and/or for general operations.
Community fund grants are broad in scope:
- Span the breadth of relevant issue areas
- Support attention to community needs
- Leverage opportunities for Cambridge and its residents
Community Fund grants are competitive and selection is based on the following criteria:
Strength of the Proposed Project or Investment:
- Addresses a demonstrated community or organizational need or opportunity
- Likelihood of success and impact on the community
Applicant(s) Organizational Capacity:
- Leadership of organization and project
- Systems delivery / financial health
Proposals are reviewed by staff and the Foundation’s Distribution Committee and put forward as recommendations to the Foundation Board for approval.
GrantWatch ID#: 180237
Community Fund Grants are awarded as Small Grants of up to $5,000 or Large Grants of above $5,000.
Community Fund Grants are competitive one-year grants.
Grants are available to eligible 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations or entities operating under the fiscal sponsorship of a tax-exempt nonprofit, that serve the people of Cambridge.
Individuals are not eligible.
Funding is not intended for:
- One-time events
- Equipment or capital improvements
Community Fund Grants Process:
- May apply for Small Grant OR Large Grant
- Small Grants – Up to $5,000 (Guidelines here: http://cambridgecf.org/small-grants-guidelines/)
- Large Grants – Above $5,000 (Guidelines here:http://cambridgecf.org/large-grants-guidelines/)
Click on the links in the supporting documents section below to download the applications for both Small Grants and Large Grants.
- Fall Cycle deadline is October 2, 2017 by 5:00 PM.
- Spring Cycle deadline is February 15, 2018 by 5:00 PM.
- May not apply more than once a year.
- Fall Cycle awards announced following November board meeting.
- Spring Cycle awards announced following March board meeting.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
USA: Massachusetts: Cambridge