Foundation / Corporation
The Alva Foundation
Grants of up to $50,000 per year to Canada nonprofits for early childhood, prenatal through four years of age, development research or pilot projects. Funding is intended to support charitable organizations addressing the risk factors prevalent in early childhood development through research studies or health services with a focus on prevention. Grants are awarded to applicants whose projects reflect the Foundation's philosophy that healthy childhood development sets in place many mental, physical, and social attributes that determine the ability to develop into a healthy adult.
Criteria for funding of research, pilot, or demonstration projects:
- Research: Research into risk factors that limit healthy early childhood development, prenatal to four years old with preference given to ECD in societal, educational, and/or family contexts. Increasingly, new research is proving that healthy early childhood development sets in place, often for life, many neurological, social, and learning factors and abilities. Scope: across Canada
- Projects: Funding of demonstration or pilot projects testing the delivery and introduction of new services to this constituency that aim to ensure healthy early childhood development. Scope: across Canada, but preference is given to Toronto, Montreal, and the Eastern Townships of Quebec.
GrantWatch ID#: 180239
It is the foundation's practice to support a small portfolio of projects, or institutions, to a maximum of $50,000/annum per application.
Single and multi-year projects are supported (no more than three years).
The Alva Foundation funds registered charitable organizations (with a CRA charitable registration number) conducting research and/or developing services that address significant risk factors in early childhood development.
Donations are made only within Canada. Applications for research will be considered from institutions across Canada. Preference will be given to applications for pilot or demonstration project funding from within the greater Toronto and Montreal regions and Eastern Townships of Quebec.
Grants will not be made to individuals, or for emergency or deficit funding.
The deadline for letters of inquiry will be Tuesday, March 5, 2019. Although this is the deadline, the Foundation would greatly appreciate LOIs before then to allow time for clarifiction and/or feedback.
- The Application process must begin with an initial letter of inquiry (LOI), not to exceed three pages.
- A maximum of three LOIs per year are accepted from any single institution or applicant.
- Full proposals will only be accepted via personalized invite from Alva Foundation after review of the initial letter of inquiry.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Electronic submission of LOIs is preferred. Please send to: email@example.com
The Foundation has no permanent office address, but can be contacted at:
The Alva Foundation
c/o Edward Jones
319 Sutherland Drive
The Donations Committee can be reached via e-mail at info@Alva.ca. Please Note: The Foundation does not accept telephone calls.
Canada: Alberta British Columbia Manitoba New Brunswick Newfoundland and Labrador Northwest Territories Nova Scotia Nunavut Ontario Prince Edward Island Quebec Saskatchewan Yukon