Foundation / Corporation
Lancaster County Community Foundation
05/17/19 11:59 PM
Grants ranging from $7,500 to $31,950 to Lancaster County, Pennsylvania nonprofit organizations for programs to strengthen and embolden local communities. Applicants must call the program officer before applying. Funding is intended for the areas of the environment, healthcare, human rights and inclusion, arts, preschool-age child development, and projects in Eastern Lancaster County.
The Passion Grant Funds is comprised of eight individual funds
- Ada F. Harr Fund
- Katherine K. Gaeth Fund
- Anne C. and W. Franklin Ressler Fund
- Lancaster Environmental Fund and Shuman Family Downstream Solutions Fund
- Patrick Kenney, Jr. Memorial Education Fund and K.L. Shirk Memorial Fund
- Florence Starr Taylor Fund for the Visual Arts and Lancaster Arts and Culture Fund
- Sam and Verda Taylor Fund for the Performing Arts
- Better Lancaster Fund
More information about the individual funds can be seen in the 2019 Grants Passion Grants Information Sheet below.
GrantWatch ID#: 180243
Grants range from $7,500 - $31,950 and cover a variety of topics.
- Ada F. Harr Fund: $10,000 - $31,100. $31,100 is available.
- Katherine K. Gaeth Fund: $10,000 - $26,000. $26,000 is available.
- Anne C. and W. Franklin Ressler Fund: $10,000 - $27,300. $27,300 is available.
- Lancaster Environmental Fund and Shuman Family Downstream Solutions Fund: $10,000 – $31,950. $31,950 is available.
- Patrick Kenney, Jr. Memorial Education Fund and K.L. Shirk Memorial Fund: $7,500 - $15,000. $15,000 is available.
- Florence Starr Taylor Fund for the Visual Arts and Lancaster Arts and Culture Fund: $7,500 - $15,000. $15,000 is available.
- Sam and Verda Taylor Fund for the Performing Arts: $10,000 - $27,500. $27,500 is available.
- Better Lancaster Fund: $10,000 - $24,300. $24,300 is available.
The funding period will be July 18, 2019 to July 18, 2020.
Eligibility for funding is determined based on due diligence and assessment of the following:
- Services to benefit the residents of Lancaster County
- Current 501(c)(3) designation from the IRS
- Registered with the Pennsylvania Bureau of Charitable Organizations unless otherwise exempt per the Institutions of Purely Public Charity Act
- IRS Form 990
- Annual Audit or a financial review by an independent CPA within the last 12 months
- In good standing with all existing awards and contracts with the Lancaster County Community Foundation
Please note the Community Foundation will not typically fund:
- Creation of new organization
- Capital campaigns/capital costs (equipment, building costs, maintenance)
- Political campaigns
- Expenses incurred before the grant is awarded
- Cemetery associations
- Religious causes that further a specific belief/agenda
Evaluation criteria can be seen in the 2019 Grants Passion Grants Information Sheet below.
Applicants are required to have a conversation with Ashlinn Masland-Sarani prior to submitting a proposal.
Organizations will be provided with an access code for accessing the application.
- Community Foundation staff are available to review and comment on application drafts submitted by May 3, 2019.
- Application drafts should be submitted through the grant portal.
- Drafts that are saved, but not submitted, will not be considered for feedback.
- On or before May 10, the Foundation will issue comments and revert your application back to “draft” status.
- You will then be able to make revisions and re-submit by the final May 17 deadline at 11.59 PM.
- Award notification will be by phone or email on July 20, 2019.
Application tutorial video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=etScRJXC2bE
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Application portal: https://www.grantinterface.com/Home/Logon?urlkey=lancfound
Ashlinn Masland-Sarani, Program Officer
717-397-1629 ext. 110
The Lancaster County Community Foundation
24 W King St, Suite 201, Lancaster, PA 17603
USA: Pennsylvania: Lancaster County