Foundation / Corporation
Community Foundation for Crawford County
08/31/18 11:59 PM EDT (Midnight)
Grants to Crawford County, Ohio nonprofit organizations, schools, and municipalities for projects, programs, and equipment that serve local community residents. Funding is intended for new projects that address identified community needs or to generate additionally needed funds for worthwhile community projects.
Specifically, grants are made for the following uses:
- New projects to support defined community needs.
- School grants that are building- or system-wide use or will be used by a broad spectrum of the school population.
- Preschools, that at the time of application have in hand their 501(c)(3) determination letter; are able to document that they are non-denominational, and have an active open enrollment policy.
- Grants that will generate additionally needed funds for worthwhile community projects.
- Grants that provide needed programs for human services.
- Requests for new equipment should include financial details, including a line-by-line narrative that addresses each major item.
- Programs currently in existence must explain how currently funded, anticipated funds for the upcoming program year, and why the funds from this foundation are needed.
GrantWatch ID#: 180292
Start-up programs will not be supported for more than 1-2 years.
The Community Foundation for Crawford County may only consider requests from organizations designated as tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code including governmental units. This means that most organizations must have applied to the IRS and received a letter from them granting tax-exempt status.
In addition, governmental units are considered tax-exempt, such as a county, city, or public school board. A number assigned by the IRS for bank accounts does not necessarily mean an organization has tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3).
- The Foundation does not plan to support “Start-up” programs for more than one or two years, and it must be demonstrated that the program will be financed or be self-supporting beyond the start-up year. Financial figures should be shown to support this.
- Annual campaigns, local or national;
- Endowment programs (other then previously determined school endowments);
- Sectarian religious purposes, except for “designated” grants which have been accepted by the Foundation;
- Graduate fellowships and travel grants to individuals, except for “designated” grants/scholarships that have been accepted by the Foundation; or
- Those organizations that have not completed prior grant requirements.
Deadlines for Grant Submission:
- December 31, 2017 for grant awards in April 2018.
- April 30, 2018 for grant awards in June 2018.
- August 31, 2018 for grant awards in December 2018.
If there is a more urgent time frame for any request, please contact us for more specific advice.
Please note, individual classroom grants requests are redirected to the appropriate school endowment committee.
Applicants may contact staff to review the application before submitting.
Preview the grant application here:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Register and apply online:
The Community Foundation
for Crawford County
254 East Mansfield Street
Bucyrus, Ohio 44820
USA: Ohio: Crawford County