Foundation / Corporation
Niagara Community Foundation
Grants to Niagara Falls, Ontario nonprofits and municipal agencies and institutions to enable children in financial need and children with special needs to attend local summer camps. Applicants must consult with the Foundation regarding their grant application at least seven days before the deadline.
Support is intended to assist organizations who operate summer camps in Niagara and who have assistance programs to enable special needs children and/or children of normative ability in financial need to participate. The goal of the Summer Camp grant program is to give these children the opportunity to enjoy a variety of camping and recreation experiences and so develop new skills, make new friends and raise their self-esteem.
GrantWatch ID#: 180303
In order to be eligible to apply for a grant, an organization must:
- Be registered as a charity with Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) – note that organizations operating under the auspices of a municipal government (i.e., some libraries, museums, galleries, committees of council) are eligible to apply through the municipality
- Operate camps in Niagara
- Must demonstrate a process of determining financial need of clients
Minimum Governance Practices:
Charities applying for grants will need to have 8 out of 13 of the following governance practices in place to be eligible to apply for a grant from the Foundation. (This checklist is included in the grant application.) If a minimum of 8 practices are not in place, a charity is allowed to apply once and the charity is directed to appropriate resources and support to address gaps. The items marked with an asterisk * are compulsory items. Charities are not permitted subsequent applications until minimums have been met or a plan is in place to achieve them.
- *Does the board approve an annual budget?
- Does the board review actual to budget at least twice a year?
- *Does the board meet a minimum of 3 times annually?
- Are board policies reviewed at least every 4 years?
- *Is there a policy that clearly outlines the roles and responsibilities of board and officers?
- Are there fixed terms for board members?
- Has a strategic plan been developed in the last 4 years?
- Does the board annually review progress on achieving strategic plan goals and adjust plan to reflect progress and new opportunities?
- *Is ED/CEO performance reviewed annually?
- Is a board evaluation undertaken annually?
- Is there an interim succession plan in place or being developed in the unexpected changeover in organization leadership?
- Is there a conflict of interest policy?
- Is there a reserve policy?
2017 grant deadline: April 24, 2017 at noon
All applicants must have a grant consultation with the Foundation prior to applying. This must be done at least 7 days before deadline.
Application must include submission of the Community Member Testimonial Report (attached below in Supporting Documents). Three (3) or more community members who have benefitted from this initiative must provide a testimonial. These community members may not be staff members of the agency which received the funding.
Foundation FAQ: http://niagaracommunityfoundation.org/faq
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Online Application Form: https://niagaracf.blitzen.com/form/summer-camp-program-2017
Further information is available by contacting JoAnne Krick at the Foundation:
Phone: 905-684-8688 x 23
Niagara Community Foundation
8 Church St, Suite 301
St. Catharines ON L2R 3B3