Foundation / Corporation
Illinois School Library Media Association (ISLMA) - Library Book Selection Service (LBSS) Endowment Fund
04/30/19 11:59 CST
In-kind grants of select book sets to Illinois K-12 public and private schools, as well as public libraries. The program is intended to provide children with quality books and to encourage reading among students. Award categories are specific to grade level, with grantees receiving twenty selected titles.
Those libraries interested may apply for a complete set of titles in one appropriate level. Each recipient will receive one set of unprocessed award books.
Award Categories are as follows:
- Monarch Award - Twenty titles selected and an award given annually to an author and/or illustrator of a book voted as their favorite by participating children in grades K-3.
- Bluestem Award - Twenty titles selected and an award given to the most outstanding author voted by students in grades 3-5.
- Rebecca Caudill Young Readers Book Award - Twenty titles selected and an award given annually to the author of the book voted most outstanding by students in grades 4-8.
- The Lincoln Award: Illinois Teen Readers’ Choice Award - Twenty titles selected and an award given to the most outstanding author voted by students in grades 9-12.
GrantWatch ID#: 180348
Each recipient will receive one set of unprocessed award books.
Any Illinois library that is registered for the Monarch, Bluestem, Rebecca Caudill, or Abraham Lincoln award program is eligible for this grant program. All public and private schools as well as public libraries are encouraged to apply.
All application forms must be submitted online by 11:59 pm (CST) on April 30.
- Register for the appropriate award between March 15 and April 30.
- Submit application by the April 30 deadline.
- Expect to be notified by August 1.
- Watch for delivery of books after August 1.
Readers' Choice Awards:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Online application form:
For information, contact:
LBSS Endowment Fund
P.O. Box 1326
Galesburg, IL 61402-1326