Foundation / Corporation
Lane Arts Council
05/02/19 5:00 PM
Grants of up to $2,000 for Lane County, Oregon projects and activities in all disciplines and arts media, which are accessible to Eugene residents. Funding is intended for arts projects that place an emphasis on accessibility to underserved audiences and that offer programming that takes place in the City of Eugene. Eligible activities include exhibits, performances, festivals, workshops, events, programs, and other arts and culture projects. Arts areas include literature/writing, film/video, dance, theater, music, visual, architecture/landscape, and multidisciplinary.
Competitive project proposals demonstrate strategies for community impact and provide access and inclusion to underserved and underrepresented communities whose opportunities to experience the arts are limited by ethnicity, economics, or disability. Project strategies could include, but are not limited to:
- Utilizing public spaces as an opportunity to engage residents and visitors with the arts
- Lowering barriers to entry by providing free or subsidized participation costs
- Preserving and commemorating local and multicultural traditions and histories
- Encouraging partnerships among artists, businesses, organizations, and agencies
- Building existing and develop new audiences for arts and culture in Eugene
- Providing outlets for underserved artists to share their work
- Providing comprehensive arts learning experiences for children, youth, and adults.
A project possesses artistic quality, imaginative scope and vision, and is fully executed within a specified timeline. Visual public art proposals are defined as any visual art intended for public space. Public space includes both public and private property where there is free and open access for viewers. If you are submitting an application for a Public Art project, please review the Public Art Guidelines in Supporting Documents, below.
GrantWatch ID#: 180358
The maximum grant for a single project is $2,000, with most awards ranging from $500 to $1,000.
The grant cycle for Community Arts Project Grants includes the calendar year period between July 1, 2019 and June 30, 2020. Projects, including all activities that involve the public, must be completed within this time frame.
Program Grant Eligibility:
- The Community Arts Grant is open to all creative and cultural arts media and disciplines.
- Projects must take place in the City of Eugene and/or result in a product or program that will be primarily available to the public in Eugene.
- Applicants must be headquartered/physically reside within Lane County, and be applying for a project that will primarily take place within the City of Eugene.
Ineligible Applicants for Program Grants:
1. Projects that are not clearly accessible to the residents of Eugene.
2. Projects that are not scheduled to take place during the project period.
3. Projects scheduled to receive direct financial support or subsidy from the City of Eugene during July 1, 2019 – June 30, 2020. This does not include in-kind contributions. Please contact Lane Arts Council for further clarification.
4. Resident companies of the Hult Center for the Performing Arts.
5. Arts organizations with a budget over $100,000 that are eligible to receive funding for the Community Arts Program Grant.
6. Members of Lane Arts Council staff or board.
7. Members of the City of Eugene staff.
8. Applicants with incomplete or outstanding Community Arts Grant obligations.
An information session will take place:
Wednesday, March 6, 4-5:30 pm
Bascom-Tykeson Room, Eugene Public Library (100 W 10th Ave)
Register here: http://lanearts.org/register-cag-information-session/
Applications must be submitted to the Lane Arts Council by 5:00 pm on May 2, 2019. Late applications will not be accepted.
If you are unable to submit your application electronically, please contact Lane Arts Council for assistance.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Email applications in PDF form to:
Lane Arts Council
1590 Willamette St., Suite 200
Eugene, OR 97401
USA: Oregon: Eugene