Foundation / Corporation
Pennington County Local Emergency Planning Committee (LEPC)
Grants to Pennington County, South Dakota agencies for expenses associated with crafting a response plan to a hazardous materials incident. Funding will be provided for consultants' fees, training exercises, computer hardware and software, and general operating expenses.
More details on the wide variety of activities that will be funded include but are not limited to:
- General office expenses needed to operate the program - postage, copying, printing, paper, meeting room rental, other meeting expenses, advertising costs, office expenses, etc.;
- Salaries for personnel hired to do data entry, risk assessment, hazards analysis, commodity flow studies, or other special projects;
- Expenses associated with updating the emergency response plan;
- Expenses related to holding hazardous materials response exercises;
- Training of local emergency response personnel and first responders;
- Hazardous Materials Incident response equipment; and
- Computer hardware and/or software to be used for Title III data management, responding to information requests, hazardous materials emergency response, and/or hazardous materials response planning activities.
Grants approved have included equipment, training, household hazardous waste events, commodity flow studies, LEPC campaign marketing, and other hazmat related issues or items.
GrantWatch ID#: 180367
Typical applicants are response agencies and education groups
Grant Applications are reviewed for consideration at the first three quarterly meetings. Meeting Dates for 2017 are February 15, 2017, May 17, 2017, August 16, 2017, and November 15, 2017. Applications for review must be submitted by email prior to the first day of the month in which a meeting takes place.
Deadlines are February 1, 2017, May 1, 2017, and August 1, 2017.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Submit the attached application form and supporting documentation electronically to:
Pennington County EOC Room
130 Kansas City Street (First floor)
Rapid City, SD 57701
USA: South Dakota: Pennington County