Pennington County Local Emergency Planning Committee (LEPC)
Grants to Pennington County, South Dakota agencies to support costs associated with the development of a response plan for hazardous materials incidents. Funding is intended to provide for consultants' fees, training exercises, computer hardware and software, and general operating expenses.
The mission of the Pennington County LEPC is to collect and maintain information on hazardous materials being used in or passing through the county; to analyze associated risks and vulnerabilities, and develop an effective emergency plan; to make planning information readily available to responders and the general public; and, to provide a continuing forum for the local community to discuss hazardous materials issues.
Grant funds may be used for a wide variety of activities including, but not limited to:
- General office expenses needed to operate the program - postage, copying, printing, paper, meeting room rental, other meeting expenses, advertising costs, office expenses, etc.;
- Salaries for personnel hired to do data entry, risk assessment, hazards analysis, commodity flow studies, or other special projects;
- Expenses associated with updating the emergency response plan;
- Expenses related to holding hazardous materials response exercises;
- Training of local emergency response personnel and first responders;
- Hazardous Materials Incident response equipment; and
- Computer hardware and/or software to be used for Title III data management, responding to information requests, hazardous materials emergency response, and/or hazardous materials response planning activities.
GrantWatch ID#: 180367
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Submit the application form and supporting documentation electronically to: LEPC@co.pennington.sd.us
130 Kansas City Street (First floor)
Rapid City, SD 57701
USA: South Dakota: Pennington County