Foundation / Corporation
East Tennessee Foundation (ETF) - Johnson County Community Foundation (JCCF)
Grants ranging from $1,000 to $3,000 to Johnson County, Tennessee nonprofit organizations, government units, or educational institutions for innovative projects that will benefit the local community. Funding areas include health and welfare, families, women, children, education, culture, historic preservation, environmental enhancement, community and economic development, and organizational capacity building.
The Foundation will support programs and projects that build community goodwill, seek to solve community challenges, and produce results that improve the quality of life for all citizens of Johnson County.
GrantWatch ID#: 180421
Grants generally range from $1,000 - $3,000.
Grants will be awarded in July 2019 for one-year terms.
Eligible organizations must have and be able to provide documentation to verify the following:
- Confirmation that the organization is a 501(c)(3) public charity, unit of government, or educational institution
- New or emerging groups that do not have nonprofit status may apply if they have an established nonprofit organization as a fiscal sponsor
- Employee Identification Number (EIN)
- Legal name of organization, address and contact information (phone fax, email address)
- Primary contact person and title
- List of staff administering the project
- Most recent financial statements and/or most recent audit and/or IRS Form 990
- Current year operating budget
- List of current board of directors or equivalent governing body
- Confirmation that the organization operates and is organized so as to not discriminate on the basis of race, color national origin, religion, gender, familiar status, sexual orientation, age, disability, covered veteran status, or other characteristics as identified in the Foundation’s Non-Discrimination Policy Statement.
Additional eligibility criteria specific to JCCF:
- Applicant organizations must have a local presence in Johnson County; directly serve people who live and work in Johnson County; and must have Johnson County citizen involvement in the organization as volunteers, staff or board members
- Salary or administrative support must not exceed 30% of the funding requested
The following types of requests will not be funded:
- Projects that have explicit religious content, express a particular religious view or advance a religious purpose
- Debt retirement or budget deficits
- Endowment funds or general fundraising campaigns
- Capital improvements
- Grants to individuals
The online application will be available March 11, 2019. The submission deadline is April 11, 2019.
Funds requested must have a 20% match. Match may be in cash, in-kind donations of goods and/or services, or a combination of both.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Register and apply online:
Please direct questions to:
Samantha Amick, Advancement Associate
Ashley Siferd, Program Officer
Telephone: (865) 524-1223 or (877) 524-1223
East Tennessee Foundation
520 W. Summit Hill Drive, Suite 1101
Knoxville, TN 37902
USA: Tennessee: Johnson County