Foundation / Corporation
Bexley Community Foundation
Grants to Bexley, Ohio nonprofit organizations and government agencies for projects and initiatives that benefit local youth (ages 3-18) through arts, athletics, indoor and outdoor recreation, and physical and mental engagement . LOIs are due by June 22. This fund support activities that connect young people to each other and the community through after school learning programs, athletics, and recreational activities.
GrantWatch ID#: 180444
Grants will be made to organizations whose projects and programs benefit the residents of Bexley.
In most cases, eligible applicants are nonprofit organizations, public charities or government agencies.
Grants will only be made to faith-based organizations for non-religious programs.
Groups that do not have tax-exempt status must enter into an agreement with the Bexley Community Foundation assuring that the grant will be used only for a project that meets the charitable purposes of the Foundation.
Grant proposals should include principles of fairness and equity, demonstrate principles of openness to all residents of Bexley, and create no arbitrary barriers to participation.
- Endowment funds
- Fundraising expenses
- Direct or indirect administrative/operating expenses
- Capital campaigns
- Sectarian religious purposes (although funds may be awarded to religious organizations for projects that benefit the broader community—see Eligibility guidelines)
- Projects, programs, and/or equipment that were committed prior to the grant applications being submitted
- Projects that attempt to influence legislation or to intervene in any political campaign (including the publishing or distribution of statements) on behalf of any candidate for public office.
- Financial assistance to fundraising events or activities of other organizations.
First Grant Cycle:
- January 26, 2018 - letter of Intent Deadline
- March 16, 2018 - Application Deadline
Second Grant Cycle:
June 22, 2108 - Letter of Intent Deadline
August 10, 2018 - Application Deadline
Advancing applicants will be invited to submit a full grant application by indicated deadline for further consideration. The staff and volunteers of the Bexley Community Foundation are always happy to meet with prospective grant applicants. Please feel free to contact Hallie Raskin, Executive Director of the Bexley Community Foundation with questions.
Grants will be distributed on a reimbursement basis upon the receipt of appropriate documentation, unless prior arrangements have been made.
Payment of matching grants will be made only after the required matching funds are obtained by the grantee organization and verified in writing to the Foundation.
More information about grantmaking may be found here:
Application Instructions and Forms:
Grant calendar and guidelines:
More on this and other funds:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Online Letter of Intent Form: http://bexleycommunityfoundation.org/letter-intent-submission/
Online Grant Application Form: http://bexleycommunityfoundation.org/grant-application/
Hallie Raskin, Executive Director
Bexley Community Foundation
552 Drexel Avenue
Bexley, Ohio 43209
USA: Ohio: Bexley