Foundation / Corporation
Salisbury Wicomico Arts Council (SWAC)
11/10/17 Close of business
Grants ranging from $500 to $1,250 to Wicomico County, Maryland nonprofit organizations for arts services, programming, exhibits and performances. Grants are given in all arts disciplines and all fields. Funding is intended to foster awareness and education of the arts.
GrantWatch ID#: 180469
Awards can range between $500 to $1,250 each.
Projects must take place between January 1, 2018, and June 30, 2018.
The Salisbury Wicomico Arts Council only awards grants to legally incorporated 501(c)3 non-profit organizations.
Individuals may only apply for SWAC grants if they seek and receive the support of a non-profit organization that will accept the financial and legal responsibility for the project. The grant will be made to the organization which can then, in turn, support the individual's project.
- Capital construction, purchase of real property and/or equipment purchases.
- Direct support to individual artists (an individual's work may receive grant support if it is presented by a non-profit agency).
- Social functions, parties and receptions as the singular focus of a grant (such functions can be included as a minor part of a grant application).
- Activities that benefit only the members of an organization or those activities closed to all but an organization's membership.
- Tuition assistance.
- Out-of-state travel.
- City, County, or State affiliated projects that cannot demonstrate an ability to obtain partial funds from their own institution or government agency.
- Fund raising events or activities as the singular focus of a grant (such functions can be included as a part of a grant application, indeed are encouraged).
- Debt retirement or reduction.
- Arts activities which are therapeutic in nature, unless they have a public component.
- Arts activities which promote only one political or religious outlook, or which proselytize for specific political or religious beliefs and/or actions.
Project grants have to be matched on a 1:1 cash basis (SWAC can fund no more than one half of the total cost).
- May 27, 2017 by close of business for projects taking place between July 1-June 30 (year round).
- November 10, 2017 by close of business for projects taking place between January 1-June 30 (6 months).
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
104-A Poplar Hill Ave.
Salisbury, MD 21801
PO Box 884
Salisbury, MD 21803-0884
USA: Maryland: Wicomico County