Baltimore County Commission on Arts and Sciences
03/29/19 4:00 PM Receipt
Grants of up to $7,500 to Maryland nonprofits, museums, after-school programs, and community-based groups in eligible counties for arts, history, humanities, and science programs and activities serving Baltimore County residents. Funding is intended for performances, exhibits, lectures, classes, and workshops that take place in Baltimore County. All funded programs must be open to the public.
Review of Project Grants is based upon the following criteria:
- Quality of the proposed activities
- Service to Baltimore County residents
- Number of proposed activities that take place in Baltimore County
- Partnerships with County-based organizations
- Feasibility of the budget
- Ability of the applicant to carry out the proposed activities
Allowable Uses for Grant Funds include but are not limited to:
- Paying artists, technicians, and individuals who coordinate arts activities
- Renting equipment needed for performances or exhibits
- Renting space needed for performances or exhibits
- Purchasing supplies or materials
- Publicizing events
GrantWatch ID#: 180481
Project Grant funding requests may not exceed $7,500.
July 1, 2019 through June 30, 2020
Community-based, not-for-profit organizations in Baltimore County, Baltimore City, Anne Arundel, Howard, and Harford Counties are eligible to apply for funding for arts activities that serve Baltimore County residents.
Eligible organizations include arts organizations, after-school programs, museums, and community-based groups that present arts, sciences and humanities programs and projects.
General operating support is not available through Project Grants.
Non-Allowable Uses for Grant Funds include but are not limited to:
- Programs/projects that are part of the regular school curriculum
- Purchase of or improvement to buildings
- Purchase of permanent equipment
- Activities that are primarily religious in nature
- Activities not open to the public or accessible to persons with disabilities
- Travel out of state
- Organizations that fundraise with the purpose of turning over profits to a current Baltimore County grantee
- Support of fundraising, the profits of which will be used for a non-arts project or purpose
- Support of fundraising, the profits of which will be donated to a for-profit entity
- Formation of a school, church or community band
The application deadline for Fiscal Year 2020 is Thursday, March 29, 2019, 4:00 PM.
All applications and attachments will be acknowledged via email.
Applicants may request up to 15 percent of the cost of the proposed arts activities.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Grant applications, request for financial assistance form and other required documents must be sent in PDF format by the application deadline to email@example.com.
Baltimore County Commission on Arts & Sciences
400 Washington Avenue
Historic Courthouse Mezzanine
Towson, Maryland 21204
USA: Maryland: Baltimore County