Foundation / Corporation
John T. Gorman Foundation
04/01/19 5:00 PM
Grants of up to $25,000 to Maine nonprofit organizations for programs that address the basic needs of economically disadvantaged communities. Eligible program areas include shelter, food, clothing, transportation, and mental and physical health. Funding is intended to support the direct provision of client services as opposed to support for organizational infrastructure needs, such as database creation, strategic planning, staff training, and organizational evaluation.
The Direct Services Grant Program provides both program/project funding and general operating support. Applicant organizations applying for general operating support must have a mission that includes helping low-income Maine residents and a successful track record of providing direct services to address clients’ immediate basic needs.
The Foundation will consider grant requests from a broad spectrum of non-profit organizations that provide direct services under existing programs over a 12-month period.
GrantWatch ID#: 180487
The Foundation will consider grant requests of up to $25,000.
The grant period runs for 12 months. The Foundation will not support multi-year commitments.
To apply, organizations will need to meet the following criteria:
- Be a non-profit with 501(c)(3)status or have a fiscal sponsor with 501(c)(3) status. Applicants cannot be a private foundation under I.R.C. § 509-(a);
- Have a mission that includes helping low income, underprivileged residents of Maine;
- Be able to demonstrate, through data, that their proposed efforts are addressing an unmet need;
- Be able to demonstrate a track record of successfully meeting those needs; and
- Identify the results sought for the populations in question, the plan for achieving those results, and how they will be evaluated.
The Foundation will NOT support:
- New programs or new positions unless there is guaranteed funding beyond 12 months
- Capital campaigns
- Annual fund appeals
- Projects requiring a multi-year commitment
The 2019 Direct Services Grant Program will close on Monday, April 1st. All applications must be submitted via the online grant application portal by 5:00 PM to be considered for funding. Applicants can expect to hear if they have been awarded a grant by Wednesday, May 15th, 2019.
Program Associate, Lauralee Raymond, is happy to speak with you if you are not sure which type of request would be the best fit for your organization.
Applicant organizations may submit only one request for DSGP funding per year.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply online: https://www.grantrequest.com/SID_2097?SA=SNA&FID=35000
Lauralee Raymond, Program Associate
John T. Gorman Foundation
One Canal Plaza, Suite 800
Portland, ME 04101