Foundation / Corporation
The Alaska Community Foundation (ACF) - Petersburg Community Foundation (PCF)
04/23/18 5:00 PM AKST
Grants ranging from $1,000 to $10,000 to Petersburg area, Alaska nonprofit organizations, government units, Tribal entities, and faith-based organizations for programs that address community needs. Funding is intended for the focus areas of education, health and wellness, community development, arts and culture, and the great outdoors.
Evaluation criteria include but are not limited to the overall merit of the project, the ability of the organization to successfully complete the project, the clarity and measurability of the project’s goal, the feasibility of the time frame given for completion of the project, and the number of people served. Preference will be given to applications which have the potential to impact a broad range of Petersburg area residents.
GrantWatch ID#: 180490
Individual grant amounts will be awarded from $1,000-$10,000.
Grant projects must be completed within one year of award.
The Petersburg Community Foundation (PCF), an Affiliate of The Alaska Community Foundation (ACF), seeks applications from qualified, tax exempt 501(c)(3) organizations (or equivalents, such as Tribal entities, schools, and faith-based organizations) that support charitable organizations and programs in the Petersburg area.
Ineligible organizations or activities:
- For-profit, 501(c)(4), 501(c)(5), 501(c)(6), and nonAlaska-based organizations, private or family foundations, state and federal government agencies, and ad hoc groups without a tax exempt legal status,
- Religious indoctrination or other religious activities,
- Endowment building and deficit financing,
- Fundraising, lobbying, electioneering, or activities of political nature,
- Proposals for ads,
- Sponsorships, or special events (e.g. fundraisers), and
- Proposals which discriminate as to race, gender, marital status, age, disability, creed, or ethnicity.
- In selected cases, projects undertaken by organizations that normally fall outside the above guidelines may be able to receive funding. Examples include faith-based organizations whose proposal impacts the broader community, and units of government whose proposal extends beyond the traditional governmental functions that impact the broader community.
- Ineligible organizations may be able to receive funding for projects if they seek support from a qualified organization who is willing to provide fiscal sponsorship. Fiscal sponsors must agree to take legal and fiscal responsibility for accepting grant funds from PCF on behalf of the ineligible organization. A letter from the fiscal sponsor must be submitted with the application for the project to be considered.
Grant applications must be submitted online by 5:00 PM AKST on Monday, April 23, 2018.
Online grant tutorial:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Register and apply online:
Please direct your general questions to Holli Flint, PCF’s Program Manager, at 907-518-0235 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please direct your eligibility and technical questions about the online application system to ACF’s Affiliate Program Officer, Shawn Rivera, at 907-274-6708 or email@example.com.
The Alaska Community Foundation
3201 C Street, Suite 110
Anchorage, AK 99503
USA: Alaska: Petersburg Area