Foundation / Corporation
The Community Foundation of Louisville - Felix E. Martin Jr. Foundation
Grants to Muhlenberg County, Kentucky nonprofits, schools, churches, and agencies for projects that address the civic, educational, cultural, and health needs of the county. Preference is given to projects that address the four key areas of need: youth services, substance abuse services, economic development, and health and human services. Furthermore, all proposals must directly serve and benefit Muhlenberg County.
GrantWatch ID#: 180536
Grants of any amount will be considered. There is no minimum or maximum grant amount. Grant applicants requesting $5,000 or more are likely to be contacted by the Foundation for more detailed information than required in the initial application.
Grants are made to not-for-profit organizations for the benefit of the residents of Muhlenberg County, Kentucky. It is the Foundation's preference that the organization receiving the grant also be located in Muhlenberg County.
Applicants must be either:
- Recognized by the Internal Revenue Service as a 501(c)(3) charitable organization
- A church;
- A school, OR
- A unit of government serving Muhlenberg County, Kentucky
Please note, the Foundation does not support:
- Grants to individuals;
- Grants to faith-based institutions for religious purposes or expansion of church facilities or operations;
- Requests that seek to substitute or supplant funding that is the legitimate responsibility of government;
- Requests from units of government that have their own capacity to raise funds, or requests that are intended to reduce the funding responsibilities of taxing authorities.
Grants are considered quarterly.
The 2017-2018 Deadlines for submission of grant applications are:
August 28, 2017 for grants awarded in late September
November 6, 2017 for grants awarded in early December
February 26, 2018 for grants awarded in late March
May 21, 2018 for grants awarded in late June
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Completed applications can be emailed to:
Meredith Zahirovic, Director of Grants
Or mailed to:
Felix E. Martin Jr. Foundation
325 W. Main St., Suite 1110
Louisville, KY 40202-4251
USA: Kentucky: Muhlenberg County