Foundation / Corporation
Lawrence County Community Foundation (LCCF)
04/23/18 4:00 PM Receipt
Grants to Lawrence County, Indiana nonprofit organizations, government agencies, and educational institutions for programs that address emerging needs in the local community. Program areas include education, health and human services, civic and historical affairs, arts and culture, and recreation.
Additional targeted funding is available for education, needy, or disadvantaged children, senior citizens, disadvantaged elderly, homeless elderly, and Bedford and Mitchell parks.
Priority is given to programs which:
- Reach as many people as possible
- Are preventative rather than remedial
- Increase individual access to community resources
- Promote independence and personal achievement
- Examine and dress the underlying causes of local problems
- Attract volunteer resources and support
- Strengthen the private, nonprofit sector
- Encourage collaboration with other organizations
- Build the capacity of the applying organizations
- Offer services not already provided in the community
In order to maximize the use of funds, the Foundation gives lower priority to construction projects, normal operating expenses, computer hardware, multi-year funding, regranting, or to organizations with an existing tax-base of support.
GrantWatch ID#: 180551
Grants will be awarded for short-term projects, usually one year in duration, and are not renewable.
Lower priority is given to multi-year funding.
The Foundation welcomes grant requests from nonprofit organizations that are recognized by the IRS as having 501(c)(3) status or that are affiliated with another tax-exempt organization, educational institutions, governmental entities, and are located in or provide services to Lawrence County, Indiana residents.
The Foundation does not award grants for individuals, debt retirement, political organizations or campaigns, for-profit entities, capital campaigns, programming that promotes religious instruction or doctrine, or endowments.
Foundation grants are not intended to reimburse an organization for expenses incurred prior to receipt of the award.
- March 13: Application packets available
- April 23, 4:00 PM: Application deadline
- June 8 - June 15: Development/site visits (if necessary)
- Week beginning July 9: Announcement and check distribution
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Applications can be mailed to:
Lawrence County Community Foundation
1324 K Street, Suite 150
Bedford, Indiana 47421
Hope Flores, CEO
USA: Indiana: Lawrence County