Foundation / Corporation
Adirondack Foundation - Lake Placid Education Foundation
Grants ranging from $500 to $50,000 to New York nonprofit organizations and governmental units for programs, projects, and services that support arts and culture, education, and libraries. Priority is given to nonprofits serving the Adirondack region.
The following programs are supported through this grant:
- Grants are made to schools, both public and private, for many different purposes, including scholarships, equipment, operating expenses, or other special needs.
- Libraries are supported through grants for collection additions special studies, staff training, operations, equipment, etc.
- Arts and other cultural organizations are aided for educational activities especially those linked with educational institutions and those that relate to general public education.
- Restorations programs to provide educators and librarians with opportunity to “renew” themselves through quiet study and relaxation away from the pressure of their usual work environment.
- Seedsowing – the study of new ideas in the areas of education and library science, helping organizations start new projects and assisting innovation in a variety of ways.
GrantWatch ID#: 180570
Grants range from $500 to as much as $50,000 in special circumstances.
Organizations are encouraged to apply if they meet the following criteria:
- Classified as charities under Section 501c3 of the Internal Revenue Code, or
- Certain governmental units providing services to the general public in the areas of education and libraries
- Partnerships and collaborations are encouraged.
Although grants can be made elsewhere, primary support goes to applicants in the Adirondack region area of New York State.
Except in very special circumstances, grants are not awarded to organizations for land acquisition, capital campaigns, or endowment purposes. Additionally, grants are not made to individuals.
Applications will not be accepted before March 2019 and are due no later than May 1, 2019. At that time all applications to be submitted online through the Online Grants Manager.
Contact Andrea Grout for application eligibility information.
Application tutorial (video): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1O2-rkkxy9iQ1WLx2LKaBYr9LgFoXfaqt/view
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Questions regarding application to LPEF will only be accepted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PO Box 288
Lake Placid, NY 12946
Fax (518) 523-9905
USA: New York: Adirondack region area