Vermont Arts Council
Grants ranging from $500 to $3,000 to Vermont nonprofit organizations, schools, and local and state government agencies for programs that increase access to the arts for local residents. Funding is intended to support activities such as public arts events that attract new audiences; accessibility enhancements for existing programs; and new artistic works involving community engagement.
Arts Impact Grants support nonprofit organizations, municipalities, and schools in their efforts to add vibrancy to Vermont communities by providing equal and abundant access to the arts. The Arts Council funds projects that identify and break down barriers to participation.
- Expanding access to the arts and cultural activities for all Vermonters. This might include, for example, projects that engage individuals with limited access to the arts due to age, ability, income, race, geography, or other factors
- Creative placemaking. The Council welcomes projects that re-envision public spaces and strengthen community identity through the arts.
Examples of fundable projects include:
- Performances, exhibits, screenings, readings, fairs, public art projects, and festivals that focus on including new audiences
- Program improvements that enable people with disabilities to participate
- Public art projects that commission an artist for the creation of new work where the community is engaged in the planning, presentation, and/or fabrication
- Creative experiences that are designed to include a specific group of a certain age, income, gender, race, ability, or to encourage interaction among these groups
Some examples of previously funded projects include:
- An art exhibition and public presentations portraying the disease of addiction
- A semester-long program in which students explored socially engaged art in the community with a local artist, then designed a unique public art project
- The production of a play where veterans and their families enacted their stories for a live audience
GrantWatch ID#: 180666
Grant amounts range from $500-$3,000.
Funded activities must be completed between September 1, 2019 and August 31, 2020.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
To apply online: https://vermont.gosmart.org/
For inquiries, contact:
Vermont Arts Council
136 State Street
Montpelier, VT 05633-6001