Vermont Arts Council
06/03/19 11:59 PM
Grants of $4,000 to Vermont individual artists and artist groups for the development and creation of new and original artistic works. Funding is intended for compensation of the time spent creating the work and may be used to buy materials or to rent space and equipment used during the creation process. Funding must only be used for the creation of the work (e.g., artist time, materials, etc.) and not for the public presentation of the work.
These are examples of fundable projects:
- A writer completing the first draft of a novel
- A dance ensemble developing choreography for a new piece
- A visual artist creating art for an exhibition that explores new subjects and techniques.
For a list of grant selection criteria, see the Guidelines document in Supporting Documents below.
GrantWatch ID#: 180667
The grant amount for this program is $4,000 per award. Grant amounts are dependent upon federal and state funding and subject to change.
Activities outlined in the project must take place between September 1, 2019 and August 31, 2020.
Individual artists and artist groups may apply. Individual applicants must:
- Be a resident of Vermont at the time the award is granted, and must have been a resident of Vermont for a minimum of one year prior to the application deadline
- Be 18 years of age or older at the time of application
- Have submitted all required reports on any prior Council grants
Artist groups must have at least one member that meets all the requirements above who will serve as the lead applicant and project coordinator.
Who May Not Apply:
- Artists whose projects involve activities for which college credit is given
- Artists or arts organizations that have received a creation grant within the past three years
The grant award may not be used for more than $1,000 toward the equipment expense.
Grant funds may not be applied to any aspect of the public presentation of the work once the creation is completed.
-Monday, April 22, 1-3 p.m.
Carving Studio and Sculpture Center, 636 Marble Street, West Rutland
-Tuesday, April 23, 1-3 p.m.
Main Street Arts, 35 Main Street, Saxtons River
-Wednesday, April 24, 2-4 p.m.
River Arts, 74 Pleasant Street, Morrisville
To register, complete this online form by April 19: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdnpT19ha9C1GhMPq6xB7UJBkuU2Ln4s5mtMPyeylX0ojqkjg/viewform
Contact Meredith Bell by email or by phone if you have any questions.
The deadline is June 3, 2019 at 11:59 PM and the application is available online.
Applicants will be notified of their funding status by August 1, 2019.
The Council welcomes conversations well in advance of your application. Inquiries about the Creation Grant program or using the online application system should be made by sending an email to Meredith Bell, or by calling her (voice and relay calls welcome).
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Vermont Arts Council
136 State Street
Montpelier, VT 05633-6001