Vermont Arts Council
Grants of $4,000 to Vermont individual artists and artist groups for equipment, space rentals, and materials to create new artistic works. Funding may also be used for compensation of the time spent creating the work. All projects must demonstrate a possibility for public exhibition in the future and should strive to increase greater public understanding of the arts.
Funding must only be used for the creation of the work (e.g., artist time, materials etc.) and not for the public presentation of the work.
These are examples of fundable projects:
- A writer completing the first draft of a novel
- A dance ensemble developing choreography for a new piece
- A visual artist creating art for exhibition that explores new subjects and techniques
GrantWatch ID#: 180667
The grant amount for this program is $4,000 per award. Grant amounts are dependent upon federal and state funding and subject to change.
Activities outlined in the project must take place between September 1, 2018 and August 31, 2019.
Who May Apply:
Individual artists and artist groups may apply. Individual applicants must:
- Be a resident of Vermont at the time the award is granted, and must have been a resident of Vermont for a minimum of one year prior to the application deadline
- Be 18 years of age or older at the time of application
- Have submitted all required reports on any prior Council grants
Artist groups must:
- Have at least one member that meets all the requirements above who will serve as the lead applicant and project coordinator
Who May Not Apply:
- Artists whose projects involve activities for which college credit is given
- Artists or arts organizations that have received a creation grant within the past three years
Grant funds may not be applied to any aspect of the public presentation of the work once the creation is done. Permanent equipment, which is any one item costing $300 or more, is not either eligible.
Online application opens May 1, 2018
Deadline June 28, 2018
The Council reserves the right to work with the applicant to improve or clarify grant requests before funding decisions are made. The deadline is June 28, 2018. Applicants will be notified of their funding status by August 3, 2018.
Inquiries about using the online application system should be made by sending an email to Meredith Bell or by calling her.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Vermont Arts Council
136 State Street
Montpelier, VT 05633-6001