Foundation / Corporation
07/10/19 5:00 PM
Grants ranging from $10,000 to $50,000 to Maryland, Virginia, and Washington, DC nonprofit organizations in eligible areas for systems change projects that foster racial equity. Funding is intended to support initiatives in employment, education, housing, and asset building benefiting low-income people of color.
See the Goals page for details on the four program areas: https://www.meyerfoundation.org/our-funding-approach/goals
Eligible areas within the Greater Washington Region include Washington, DC; Montgomery and Prince George’s Counties in Maryland; Arlington, Fairfax, and Prince William Counties in Virginia; and the Cities of Alexandria, Falls Church, Manassas, and Manassas Park in Virginia.
The Foundation invests in research, education, advocacy, organizing, capacity-building, communications, and narrative change, as well as strategic direct service that contributes to systems change. The Foundation invests in these systems change efforts to ensure long-lasting, measurable improvements for economically disadvantaged people, particularly people of color:
1. Culture Change – Shifting the attitudes, values, beliefs, and aspirations of the Greater Washington region toward racial equity.
2. Institutional Change – Using the best available data, evidence, and models to generate sustainable improvements in ideas and practices that govern institutions and currently have a disproportionate negative impact on people and communities of color.
3. Policy Change & Reform – Influencing policymakers to reform or enact laws to mitigate and eradicate the consequences of systemic racism and promote racial justice and equity.
4. Power Change – Shifting the balance of power so people of color are designing, leading, and ultimately accomplishing change in their own communities.
- General operating support for effective organizations working toward long-term goals through a systems change approach, including strategic direct service.
- Program support, when needed, to test approaches or to expand programs with scalable results.
- Support for community-based and community-led organizations, especially those led by people of color.
GrantWatch ID#: 180696
Most Meyer grants range from $10,000 to $50,000 and higher. Currently, the average operating grant is $30,000.
Although organizations may request multi-year support, Meyer will make a limited number of multi-year grants in 2019.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
For questions, contact:
- Washington, DC: Nadine Duplessy Kearns, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Maryland: Julian Haynes, email@example.com
- Northern Virginia: Sonia Quiñónez, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Meyer Foundation
1250 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20036
USA: Maryland: Montgomery and Prince George’s Counties; Virginia: Arlington, Fairfax, and Prince William Counties; and the Cities of Alexandria, Falls Church, Manassas, and Manassas Park; Washington, DC