Foundation / Corporation
Community Foundation San Luis Obispo County (CFSLOC)
04/19/19 5:00 PM PST
Grants of up to $10,000 to San Luis Obispo County, California nonprofit organizations for direct service programs addressing the needs of the community. Focus areas include environment, arts and culture, senior dances, human services, and seniors and people with disabilities.
The primary goal of the 2019 Grants Program is to provide funding for agencies and programs that directly address community needs gathered through local needs assessments and other sources. Through the Community Needs Grant program, the Foundation brings together multiple funds to respond to current needs in the county and support to local nonprofit organizations in achieving their missions.
For more details on each community need, see the URL for Full Text.
GrantWatch ID#: 180757
Environment programs: The maximum grant award in this concentration will be $5,000.
Other programs: The maximum grant award will be $10,000.
The grant period is up to one year from the award date.
An organization must have a current tax-exempt status from the Internal Revenue Service under Section 501(c)(3) or a current memorandum of understanding outlining fiscal sponsorship partnership to apply.
The Community Foundation San Luis Obispo County does not make grants to/for:
- Organizations that discriminate based on age, disability, ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race or religion
- Fraternal Organizations, unless in support of a specific program open to or benefiting the entire community
- Governmental Organizations
- Indirect Administrative costs greater than 15% of the awarded funds (indirect administrative funds are defined as office supplies and do not include staff time)
- Fundraising events such as annual campaigns, walk-a-thons, tournaments, fashion shows, auctions or dinners
- Organizations with religious affiliations unless the program is open to the entire community without regard to religious beliefs
- Organizations and programs designed to elect candidates to public office
- Organizations located outside San Luis Obispo County unless for a specific program benefiting residents of-and conducted within-San Luis Obispo County
- Pay off past debts or existing obligations
- Endowment funds
- Scholarships, fellowships, travel grants, and technical or specialized research
Begin Accepting Applications Date: 1/28/2019
Deadline Date (PST Time Zone): 4/19/2019 5:00 PM
Information about applying and accessing grants: https://www.cfsloco.org/nonprofits/
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Online Application: https://cfsloco.communityforce.com/Login.aspx?3974434C474C374F385A78667A484552417964673959384767594E4557776941692F32486D45626662366C36647A586A664B4757754E735839534F6531744B31536C3072516870786D62755670763878674E496F78644C723778456A2F5A43364D7545593648704E7958444A4546757866486C5841346F415655506749504D685943686F7849526F453362715135464A724E71794F486859305539706466685A30694B31557051465A6F3830304A69467231674E6466304F4861793036435576476D666D3957693465464D3D
Contact the Len Smolburd (Grants Manager) at email@example.com if you have any questions about eligibility, program fit, or the grantmaking program.
USA: California: San Luis Obispo County