Foundation / Corporation
Community Foundation San Luis Obispo County (SLOCCF)
09/14/18 5:00 PM PST
Grants ranging from $10,000 to $25,000 to California nonprofits and agencies in South San Luis Obispo County and the Five Cities area to provide direct services to homeless populations. Funding may be used to provide for the basic needs of homeless populations and/or transition them into housing.
Priorities of the Klaproad Basic Needs include:
- Food and meal distribution
- Emergency shelter/transitional housing
- Cash-aid for basic needs
- Rapid re-housing strategies
- Housing subsidies or short-term housing assistance
The objectives of the Klaproad Basic Needs Grant Program are:
- To provide for the immediate needs of the homeless in the Five Cities/South SLO County area
- To expand and strengthen the existing services for the homeless in the Five Cities
- To support a continuum of services for South County homeless which stabilizes and moves them into housing
GrantWatch ID#: 180759
The available grant size range is $10,000 - $25,000.
The Community Foundation San Luis Obispo County supports charitable organizations whose programs primarily benefit San Luis Obispo County residents. An organization must have a current tax-exempt status from the Internal Revenue Service under Section 501(c)(3) and/or 509(a)1 or a current memorandum of understanding outlining fiscal sponsorship partnership to apply.
The Community Foundation San Luis Obispo County does not make grants to/for:
-Organizations that discriminate on the basis of age, disability, ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race or religion
- Fraternal Organizations, unless in support of a specific program open to or benefiting the entire community
- Governmental Organizations
- Indirect Administrative costs greater than 15% of the awarded funds (indirect administrative funds are defined as office supplies and do not include staff time)
- Fundraising events such as annual campaigns, walk-a-thons, tournaments, fashion shows, auctions or dinners
- Organizations with religious affiliations unless the program is open to the entire community without regard to religious beliefs
- Organizations and programs designed to elect candidates to public office
- Organizations located outside San Luis Obispo County unless for a specific program benefiting residents of-and conducted within-San Luis Obispo County
- Pay off past debts or existing obligations
- Endowment funds
- Scholarships, fellowships, travel grants and technical or specialized research
The proposal deadline is September 14, 2018 at 5:00 pm PST. Notifications of the awards will be made in mid-December 2018.
More information on how to apply: http://www.cfsloco.org/how_to_apply.php
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply online: https://cfsloco.communityforce.com/Funds/Search.aspx
Len Smolburd, Grants Manager
The Community Foundation
550 Dana Street
San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
USA: California: The Five Cities/South San Luis Obispo County area