Foundation / Corporation
Rowan Arts Council (RAC)
Grants to Rowan County, North Carolina nonprofit organizations, schools, and individual artists to promote arts and cultural experiences throughout the County. Funding is intended to support projects, programs and events focusing on arts education, multicultural arts, outreach, acquisition of public art, and cultural advocacy.
Arts & Cultural Development (ACD) Grants are available for arts and cultural development organizations and individual artists seeking to expand access to arts and cultural opportunities in Rowan County.
ACD Grant Areas of Support:
- Arts education
- Individual artists (residency, teaching, projects etc.)
- Acquisition of public art and or support of acquiring public art
- Development of new arts and cultural related facilities and programs
- Youth/children related arts and cultural initiatives
- Diversity and multicultural arts and cultural outreach and programs
- Collaborative initiatives between multiple organizations and artists
- Arts and cultural shows, events and activities
- Arts and cultural advocacy
- Support and matching funds for community wide arts and cultural programs applying for and seeking substantial grants.
- Start up initiatives
GrantWatch ID#: 180770
- Private, not for profit arts and cultural development organization based in Rowan County
- A mission that focuses on arts & culture
- Provides documentation supporting financial solvency
- Individual artists
- Demonstrates the ability to provide arts & cultural program and/or fulfill the grant
- Local schools seeking expanded arts & cultural opportunities
ACD Grant recipient requirements:
- Organizations must demonstrate financial solvency
- Submit annual financial statements
- Individual artists seeking ACD funds must demonstrate basic financial solvency in relation to the ability to fulfill the program to which grant funds are being requested
- Organization or individual does not already receive City or County arts and cultural funding. The RAC Board may make exemptions based on programs and or partnership opportunities involving matching funds.
ACD Grants are not to be used for:
- General operations
- Funding staff
- Programs outside of Rowan County
- Purchase of equipment and/or supplies that serve no primary purpose in providing arts and culture in Rowan County
Grants will be awarded in two cycles each year, with applications due for grant cycle one on April 1 (grants awarded on May 1), and applications due for cycle two on November 1 ( with grants awarded on December 1).
Applications should be mailed or emailed to the Council.
For additional information, please contact the Rowan Arts Council.
Grant recipients will be notified of award and amount of award by mail.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Mail or email applications to:
Rowan Arts Council
204 E. Innes Street, Suite 120
Salisbury, NC 28144
For additional information, contact the Rowan Arts Council at:
USA: North Carolina: Rowan County