Virginia Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC)
04/25/19 5:00 PM
Grants of up to $10,000 to Virginia nonprofits, schools, IHEs, law enforcement agencies, faith-based organizations, and coalitions to develop and enhance prevention and education programs related to underage and high-risk drinking. Applicants must complete a mandatory online training module prior to applying.
Virginia ABC will only consider grant applications for programs that meet one or more of the following priorities:
- Underage drinking prevention
- Social providing or social hosting prevention
- High-risk drinking prevention
Funds may be used for program planning, development, implementation and coordination costs including:
- Instructional materials and supplies
- Equipment used specifically for prevention efforts
- Speaker/trainer fees
- Printing, postage and media services
- Overtime law enforcement efforts
- Purchases of food or beverage (limited to 10 %; state per diem)
- Promotional items for program participants
Programs should be innovative with a long-lasting impact and/or establish and encourage partnerships between organizations.
GrantWatch ID#: 180776
Approximately eight awardees will be selected each annual grant cycle.
Grant requests are limited to a maximum of $10,000.
Coalitions, law enforcement, nonprofits, schools, colleges and universities, faith-based organizations and prevention-related groups are encouraged to apply.
Funds may NOT be used for:
-Personnel salaries, FICA and fringe benefits
-Stipends and consultant fees
-Indirect cost or general conference attendance expenditures
-Travel and lodging expenses
-Supplies and other expenses not directly related to the project
For your grant application to be considered, the first step is to complete the mandatory online training.
After you complete the mandatory Grant Application Training, you may submit the Alcohol Education and Prevention Grant Application (PDF) any time prior to the deadline of April 25 by 5:00 PM.
- Application due: April 25 by 5 p.m.
- Award/Denial notification: May 31 via email
- Grant Agreement due: June 15 by 5 p.m.
- Interim Progress Report due: December 15 by 5 p.m.
-Final Report due: June 15 by 5 p.m.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Mandatory Online Training: