Foundation / Corporation
Cambridge Savings Charitable Foundation
Grants ranging from $1,000 to $5,000 to Eastern Massachusetts nonprofits for human services, housing, and community development programs and projects that benefit residents in communities the funding source serves. Funding is intended to support proposals that address the following priorities:
Human Services: For organizations that provide basic necessities, including heath care, food, shelter, job training, financial education, small business support and first-time home buyer assistance.
Affordable Housing: For programs that preserve low-to-moderate income housing units and projects that create affordable housing.
Community Development: Support for groups that enable economic development, create jobs, and revitalize the community to attract new businesses to the area.
GrantWatch ID#: 180782
The majority of grants funded are in the $1,000 to $5,000 range.
- Be a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization or have a tax exempt status.
- Serve the service area communities (see Geographic Focus below).
- Directly benefit the community.
The request must be program/project specific.
Only one grant will be made to any one organization each year.
Funding requests will not be considered from:
- Other foundations
- Secondary education scholarship funding
- Operating funds or annual appeals
- Relatively new entities or initiatives
- Requests that benefit/support a single individual or family/families
- Organizations or events which are not open to members of the general public
- Political, advocacy, governmental, fraternal, labor groups
- Religious organizations, unless the program supports, and is open to, the community
- Trips and tours by groups or individuals, or traveling teams, including transportation costs
- Organizations with the primary purpose of raising funds to distribute to other organizations
-Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, national or ethnic origin, color, religion, age, gender identification, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, veteran status, disability or other characteristic protected by law.
The Foundation reserves the right to reject any application for any reason and to make exceptions.
The Cambridge Savings Charitable Foundation Board meets on a quarterly basis and submission deadlines are December 31st, February 28th, May 31st and August 31st.
Click on the link in the Supporting Documents section below to download the application.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
To apply for a grant, please email a complete application packet, as a single PDF attachment to email@example.com.
USA: Massachusetts: Acton, Arlington, Bedford, Belmont, Brookline, Burlington, Cambridge, Concord, Lexington, Lincoln, Medford, Newton, Somerville, Waltham, Watertown, Winchester, Woburn and the neighborhoods of Allston and Brighton