Foundation / Corporation
Permian Basin Area Foundation (PBAF)
10/01/18 Midnight CST
Grants to Texas nonprofits in the Permian Basin area for programs in the areas of health, human services, housing and community development, education and youth programs, and arts and culture. Some applicants may be required to contact the Foundation no later than 30 days prior to the deadline.
The Foundation generally awards grants with priority given to an applicant that:
- Identifies the significant and long-term potential impact achieved by funding the project
- Communicates a clear plan for timely implementation
- Promotes volunteer participation and citizen involvement
- Addresses relevant issues and identifies legitimate problems affecting the community
- Demonstrates that the project cannot be accomplished without external funding
- Exhibits effective and resourceful fundraising practices, such as matching grants and contributions from other donors, benefiting both the organization and the community
- Complies with Accountability Indicators for Nonprofit Organizations as prescribed by the Nonprofit Management Center of the Permian Basin.
GrantWatch ID#: 180835
Permian Basin Area Foundation makes grants to qualified nonprofit organizations.
Before submitting a Pre-Application Summary Form, first-time applicants or repeat applicants with a change in key executive leadership or development staff are required to contact the Foundation no later than 30 days prior to the deadline to schedule a preliminary interview.
An organization wishing to apply for a grant must submit one copy of the Pre-Application Summary (attached) to the Foundation no later than April 1 for the spring cycle or October 1 for the fall cycle. The Foundation will send an acknowledgment email upon receipt. Please contact the Foundation if you have not received a reply within 48 hours.
If your organization has previously received a grant, the Foundation must also have a follow-up form: Grant Award Follow-Up Form (attached), for that prior grant in order to be considered. Grant recipients are not eligible to re-apply until two full years after their last award. For example, if your organization received a grant in the fall of 2016, your next eligible grant cycle would be fall of 2018.
Within approximately 30 days of receiving the Pre-Application Summary form, Foundation staff will notify those organizations from which the Grants Committee has requested a full application. If your organization has not received a response from the Foundation within 30 days, please contact the Foundation office.
Grant award letters will be mailed in late June and mid-December.
Application procedures: http://www.pbaf.org/grants/application-procedures/
Funding priorities: http://www.pbaf.org/grants/priorities/
Download forms: http://www.pbaf.org/grants/standard-forms/
Award notification: http://www.pbaf.org/grants/confirmation-and-follow-up/
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Submit applications to:
Meagan Harris, Grants Adminstrator
Permian Basin Area Foundation
200 N Loraine, Suite 500
Midland, Texas 79701
USA: Texas: Permian Basin area