Foundation / Corporation
Impact San Antonio (SA)
06/08/18 5:00 PM
Large grants to Greater San Antonio, Texas area nonprofit organizations that deliver critical services to local community members. Funding will be provided for proposals addressing any of the following focus areas: arts and culture, education, family, environment, recreation and preservation, and health and wellness.
For the purposes of these grants, the Greater San Antonio area includes San Antonio and Bexar, Atascosa, Bandera, Comal, Guadalupe, Kendall, Medina, and Wilson Counties.
Further details regarding each of the focus areas are outlined below:
- Arts and Culture: Programs and projects that cultivate, develop, educate and improve the cultural and artistic climate in the San Antonio area.
- Education: Programs and projects that advance learning opportunities, increase educational access, and improve education in the San Antonio area.
- Environment, Recreation, and Preservation: Programs and projects that improve, restore, conserve, revitalize, or enhance the facilities, surroundings, and natural environment of the San Antonio area.
- Family: Programs and projects that strengthen and enhance the lives of children and families in the San Antonio area.
- Health and Wellness: Programs and projects that positively impact the mental or physical health and wellness of the people living in the San Antonio area.
Nonprofit organizations may submit a grant application for a new project that has never been implemented in San Antonio (or its contiguous counties) or an expansion of an existing project (to a new service area or with new program components, participants, etc.). Applications to support ongoing operating expenses will not be considered.
- Address a critical need in one or more of the focus areas
- Improve the quality of life for people in the Service Area
- Benefit either a large population, or a smaller population in a major way
- Result in an innovative approach to address a critical problem or will expand upon an already existing successful approach
- Support a comprehensive and holistic approach to the problem being addressed
- Result in compelling and measurable outcomes
Examples of costs that may be included in the grant include:
- Expenses directly related to the new project/program
- Project/Program expansion expenses including supplies and special materials and marketing
- Project/Program staff salary
GrantWatch ID#: 180856
At least 3
Request for funding must not be for less than $100,000.
Project must be able to be completed within 24 months after December 1 of the year in which the grant is awarded.
- Applicant must be recognized by the IRS as a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) public charity (Provisional status is not adequate and applicants cannot qualify through a fiscal agent).
- Applicant must have either its primary, or significant existing, operations within Impact San Antonio’s “Service Area” (Bexar, Atascosa, Bandera, Comal, Guadalupe, Kendall, Medina, and Wilson counties in Texas).
Applicant must not engage in:
- Politically partisan activities.
- Political lobbying (except for advocacy activities that educate policymakers and the public about broad social issues).
- Supporting or opposing any candidate for public office.
Applicant must not be:
- A labor or fraternal organization, athletic or social club or association.
- An organization whose primary purpose is to redistribute funds to other organizations or individuals.
Project may not do any of the following:
- Require belief in or participation in activities of a particular faith, denomination or religion in order to benefit from or receive services in connection with the Project
- Limit benefits to those who have particular religious beliefs or practices
- Make the receipt of benefits or services from the project dependent on the recipient being required to participate in a proselytizing activity
- Must not be a request for less than $100,000
- Must not be a request for funds to be primarily used for fundraising, marketing, advertising events, or sponsorships
- Must not be a request for funds to repay an existing loan or other financing
- Must not be a request for an endowment
- Must not be a request for a scholarship
- Must not be a request for unrestricted/general operational funds
- Must not be a request for funds to be used for a political purpose
A training session will be held on Tuesday April 24th from 10:00 am to 11:30 am at the Student Worship Center of University United Methodist Church, 5185 De Zavala Road.
Click here to register for April 24: https://impactsanantonio.org/agency-grant-training-registration-april-24-2018-10am/
Impact San Antonio will begin accepting applications on May 7, 2018 at 8:00 am. This year’s submission deadline is June 8, 2018 at 5:00 pm.
Each year, in late October, that year’s finalist organizations present their projects to the entire membership, who vote immediately after the end of the presentations. The membership decisions are announced that evening. If your organization is chosen that evening to receive a grant, the official “Grant Award Date” will not be until December 1 of that year.
Click here for more information on how to apply: https://impactsanantonio.org/apply-for-a-grant/how-to-apply/
Click here to view the online FAQs: https://impactsanantonio.org/apply-for-a-grant/grant-faq/
Graint criteria: https://impactsanantonio.org/apply-for-a-grant/grant-criteria/
Applicant tutorial video: https://www.foundant.com/tutorials/
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
A link to the Grant Application website will be available here beginning May 7: https://www.grantinterface.com/Home/Logon?urlkey=impactsan
General questions about the application process:
Jennifer Bligh or Kim Gilbert
Lora Watts, President
Please email all questions about Grant Applications. No phone calls please.
Impact San Antonio Foundation, Inc.
7970 Fredericksburg Road, Suite 101-369
San Antonio, TX 78229
Please allow 1-2 business days for a response when contacting the Foundation by phone or email.
USA: Texas: Greater San Antonio Community: Bexar, Atascosa, Bandera, Comal, Guadalupe, Kendall, Medina, and Wilson Counties