Foundation / Corporation
Greater Kansas City Community Foundation - Hispanic Development Fund (HDF)
04/18/19 5:00 PM CST
Grants ranging from $5,000 to $25,000 to Kansas and Missouri nonprofit organizations, school districts, colleges, and universities in the Kansas City metropolitan area for projects and programs to increase Latino students' academic achievement and participation in higher education. Eligible regions include Clay, Jackson, and Platte Counties in Missouri, and Johnson and Wyandotte Counties in Kansas.
The Greater Kansas City Hispanic Development fund believes that all Latino children should have access to a high quality education. Therefore, the Hispanic Development Fund offers an Education grants program that seeks to identify organizations, programs, and projects designed to increase academic achievement as well as increase the college readiness, persistence and college graduation of Latino students in the Kansas City metropolitan area.
The Hispanic Development Fund seeks:
- To replicate and take to scale programs/projects that can demonstrate meaningful progress towards improving academic achievement.
- To support systemic changes that advance best practices and innovation in education.
Programs and projects must:
- Be focused on improving academic achievement.
- Be based on, and support, best practices in the field.
- Leverage additional resources, including financial, human, and other.
For a list of preferences in evaluating proposals, see the URL for Full Text link below.
GrantWatch ID#: 180864
Grants will generally range from $5,000 to $25,000.
Grant commitments are for one year only.
- Applicants must be a 501(c)(3) organization, school district, college or university.
- Demonstrate majority of funding will benefit Latino families and/or children.
- The Hispanic Development Fund seeks to support organizations, programs and/or projects that serve a majority of Latino students. Applicants must demonstrate that two-thirds of the program beneficiaries are Latino families and/or children.
Funding will not be available to support individual schools, unless schools can demonstrate that the majority of their students are Latino by providing the corresponding statistic.
- Friday, March 1, 2019: Application available online.
- Thursday, April 18, 2019: Applications must be completed online through IGAM and submitted by 5 p.m. CST on this date.
- May to June 2019: HDF Grants Committee will make grant recommendations to the Board. Upon Board approval, all applicants will be notified of a decision via standard mail.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Online application portal: https://www.grantrequest.com/SID_1164?SA=SNA&FID=35378
Sachi De La Cruz
For technical questions, please contact:
Greater Kansas City Community Foundation
1055 Broadway Blvd., Suite 130
Kansas City, MO 64105
Toll Free: 866.719.7886
USA: Kansas: Johnson and Wyandotte Counties; Missouri: Clay, Jackson, and Platte Counties