Colorado Parks and Wildlife (CPW)
04/19/19 5:00 PM Receipt
Grants to Colorado snowmobile clubs to purchase and upgrade equipment and improve trails. Funding is intended to repair or purchase groomers, improve trailheads, purchase signs and trail-marking materials, and construct permanent groomer and maintenance facilities.
1. Prioritizes the need as related to the grooming program of the club and the state snowmobile grooming program.
2. Demonstrate the ability to maintain the equipment/project being proposed.
3. Justify the real need for the equipment.
4. Quality of the grant proposal, neat, well-organized information.
5. Provides for or supports safe, quality winter opportunities to the general public.
6. Provides or supports quality snowmobile trail systems.
7. Provides for winter trail related facilities that enhance the snowmobiling experience.
8. Provides for the connection of winter trail systems into a statewide network.
GrantWatch ID#: 180877
Colorado Snowmobile clubs may apply.
The grantee’s use of the equipment is subject to the following conditions:
a. The grantee shall use the equipment only for activities and uses that are consistent with the uses outlined by the Snowmobile Recreation fund. The equipment shall not be used to benefit private individuals, lands or projects without prior written approval from CPW.
b. The grantee shall be liable to CPW for any failure to use the equipment in accordance with the applicable statute, including the premature sale or disposition of the equipment. The grantee’s liability for such a failure shall be equal to funds contributed by CPW under a grant from the purchase or acquisition of equipment.
Applications are due by 5:00 pm Friday, April 19, 2019.
- March 7, 2019: Application Window Opens
- April 19, 2019: Applications Due Back to CPW
- Friday, May 17, 2019: Subcommittee Review of all Applications (public meeting)
- Saturday, May 18, 2019: CSA Quarterly Meeting and Grant Presentations (public meeting)
- June 21, 2019: State Trails Committee Meeting (Snowmobile Grants Action Item)
- July 18-19, 2019: CPW Commission, Final Approval (public meetings)
All applicants will be notified of final funding decisions following the July 2019 Colorado Parks and Wildlife Commission meeting.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Mail the signed application to:
Colorado Parks and Wildlife
13787 US HWY N
Littleton, CO 80125
Attention: Tom Metsa
Or send an electronic copy to Gabby Smiley at: email@example.com
Contact Gabby Smiley with further questions at (303) 791-1957 ext. 4130 or at the above e-mail address.