Foundation / Corporation
Foundation for the Tri-State
Grants of up to $1,000 to Carter County, Kentucky nonprofit organizations for a wide range of charitable programs and projects that aim to improve the quality of life for local residents. Funding is provided for cultural, scientific, educational, and charitable purposes.
The Carter County Community Fund encourages project proposals that meet one or more of the following goals:
- Improve the quality of life in Carter County.
- Test or demonstrate new approaches and techniques in the solution of important community problems.
- Promote community volunteerism.
- Strengthen nonprofit agencies and institutions by reducing operating costs, increasing public financial support and/or improving internal management.
- Use community resources to promote coordination, cooperation and sharing among organizations to eliminate duplicated services.
GrantWatch ID#: 180914
Grants will be awarded in amounts of $1,000 or less.
Eligible applicants include 501(c)(3) tax-exempt charities and other organizations that meet special charitable grant guidelines. Project proposals must serve residents of Carter County, Kentucky.
The Carter County Community Fund grants do not provide continuing operational support for programs or organizations or funding for components of projects begun before grant award decisions are made.
While the Fund remains flexible in trying to meet community needs, the following areas will generally not be considered for funding from the Carter County Community Fund:
- General operating expenses
- Endowment funds
- Operational deficits
- Political purposes
- Sectarian activities of religious organizations
Deadline: April 30, 2019
Grant applications are reviewed annually by the Carter County Community Fund Advisory Board with the final distribution requests approved by the Board of Trustees of the Foundation for the Tri-State Community.
Organizations may submit only one application per funding cycle for grants from the Carter County Community Fund.
Organizations that have recently been awarded a grant from the Carter County Community Fund should wait at least 12 months from the approval of their award to submit another request for funding.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
You may contact grant committee members Jackie Clevenger or Teresa Brown with questions regarding the grant application:
Jackie Clevenger – firstname.lastname@example.org
Teresa Brown – email@example.com
USA: Kentucky: Carter County