Foundation / Corporation
Women Founders Network (WFN)
Opportunity to USA businesses and female entrepreneurs that are majority women-owned to connect with resources and fundraising. This accelerator program connects women who are developing high-growth businesses with the tools and resources they need to succeed.
The organization’s focus and goal is to connect women founders building high-growth businesses not only with the required capital but also with the talent, connections, mentorship and sponsorship they need to grow scalable, transformative, successful businesses.
- Connection with Angel Investors and Venture Capital Funds focused on women founders
- Cash investment potential from investors that attend the October 16th Event
- Ongoing support network of successful businesswomen committed to building the female entrepreneur ecosystem
There are 3 rounds of voting:
Round 1 – All applications received are reviewed by our panel of judges and the top 20 companies are identified.
- Further due diligence takes place with these companies prior to the next voting round.
Round 2 – Judges identify the top 10 companies in this round.
- Top 10 companies will be assigned to a pitch coach and a mentor in preparation for the Fast Pitch Event and final round of voting. They will have the opportunity to attend a social mixer with WFN judges, board, sponsors, and investors – and participate in a Dolphin Tank with Springboard Enterprises to receive constructive feedback prior to the Fast Pitch Event.
- The remaining companies from the top 20 that did not advance to the final round will receive individual feedback from judges to help them identify opportunities for improvement going forward.
- Round 3 – The top 10 companies will present on-stage at the October 16 th Fast Pitch Event in Los Angeles, CA. They will have 5 minutes to present their pitch deck, followed by 5 minutes of Q&A from judges.
- The Fast Pitch Event will be attended by WFN Board Members, Judges and Jr. Judges, Sponsors, Pitch Coaches & Mentors, Angel Investors, VCs, executives from the LA business community and the press.
High-Level Judging Guideliness:
- Concept and Revenue - Business concept and revenue model are clearly articulated and meet customers' needs
- Competitive Advantage - Company's solution is better than anything offered by competitors and is defensible
- Team Members - Existing or planned team can credibly implement the business plan
- Marketing and Sales - Marketing and sales approaches are appropriate for acquiring customers
- Financial Plan - Reasonable financial plan with supporting documents
Must-Have Criteria: The criteria below are must-haves. If the company cannot answer ‘yes’ to all of these, it will be difficult to succeed.
- Addresses a sizeable market opportunity. Of course, sizeable is relative, but generally hundreds of millions or billions of dollars. Could address a smaller niche if the capital required is very limited.
- Solving a real market need – there is a problem that customers will pay to have solved. It is a must-have, not just a nice-to-have.
- Has a potential sustainable source of differentiation – cannot be easily copied either because of patents or some other unique quality.
- Has a clear path to making money (business model).
GrantWatch ID#: 180925
There are 10 Finalists and 1 Winner.
The prize packages includes $30,000+ in cash prizes. In addition, the Junior Judges’ winner receives $5,000 in cash.
Top 10 Finalists receive:
- Free professional services valued at thousands of dollars based on their needs, such as legal, marketing, accounting, etc.
- One-on-one coaching to prepare for the Fast Pitch Event
- Assigned a CEO Mentor for 3 hours of consultation
- Opportunity to attend Dolphin Tank for constructive feedback
- Meet and greet with WFN judges, board, sponsors, and investors
Women entrepreneurs across all industries are invited to apply to compete in our annual Fast Pitch Competition for a prize package of cash and professional services.
Criteria for applying:
- Founder or CEO must be a woman or business must be majority-owned by a woman
- Business must be past the idea stage (revenue or proof of concept)
- Must have raised no more than $1M in outside funding, excluding research grants
- Seeking businesses based in USA with high-growth potential
May 8, 2018 | 5:30-7:30 pm:
- WFN Kick-off Event: How to Win a Fast Pitch
- Location: Stubbs Alderton & Markiles, LLP, Santa Monica, CA
- Join the Foundation to kick off the 2018 Fast Pitch Competition and application opening day! Get the inside scoop on how to apply and meet some of the past Fast Pitch winners. Registration opens in March.
- May 30, 2018 | 9:00 am-3:00 pm:
- Female Founder Workshops
- CNSI at UCLA
- Female entrepreneurs are invited to join the Foundation for a series of workshops covering topics relevant to startups and helpful for those applying for the Fast Pitch. Morning and afternoon sessions will be offered. More details to come.
For more information about these events visit: http://www.womenfoundersnetwork.com/events/
Applications accepted May 1-June 10, 2018. A link to apply will be posted on May 1st.
Important Dates for Applicants:
- June 25 – Applicants notified of status from Round 1 Judging. Top 20 companies advance to Round 2.
- July 9 – Applicants notified of status from Round 2 Judging. Top 10 companies advance to Round 3 (Fast Pitch).
- October 16 – Fast Pitch Event at California NanoSystems Institute (CNSI) at UCLA, 570 Westwood Plaza, Los Angeles, CA 90095. Top 10 companies pitch on-stage to judges, investors and executives from the LA business community to compete for cash awards and professional services.
Applicants must attend in-person to present in Los Angeles at the Fast Pitch Event. All travel expenses are the responsibility of the applicant.
- $50 – Early Bird Rate effective May 1-May 15
- $100 – Regular Rate effective May 16-June 10
The Junior Judges program for girls 9-19 years old is hosted through our nonprofit, Women Founders Foundation. The girls participate in educational activities over the summer and a pre-pitch workshop in September to review and discuss the Top 10 companies with program facilitators. The girls attend the Fast Pitch event and vote for their winning company, which they present with a $5,000 cash award.
About the Foundation:
About Junior Judges:
Pitch Deck Resources:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
The online application will be available on May 1, 2018 on the Foundation's website.
For questions, please contact: email@example.com
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming