Foundation / Corporation
Women Founders Network (WFN)
Opportunity to USA businesses and female entrepreneurs that are majority women-owned to connect with resources and fundraising. This accelerator program connects women who are developing high-growth businesses with the tools and resources they need to succeed.
The organization’s focus and goal is to connect women founders building high-growth businesses not only with the required capital but also with the talent, connections, mentorship and sponsorship they need to grow scalable, transformative, successful businesses.
- Connection with Angel Investors and Venture Capital Funds focused on women founders
- Cash investment potential from investors that attend the October 16th Event
- Ongoing support network of successful businesswomen committed to building the female entrepreneur ecosystem
There are 3 rounds of voting:
Round 1 – All applications received are reviewed by our panel of judges and the top 20 companies are identified.
- Further due diligence takes place with these companies prior to the next voting round.
Round 2 – Judges identify the top 10 companies in this round.
- Top 10 companies will be assigned to a pitch coach and a mentor in preparation for the Fast Pitch Event and final round of voting. They will have the opportunity to attend a social mixer with WFN judges, board, sponsors, and investors – and participate in a Dolphin Tank with Springboard Enterprises to receive constructive feedback prior to the Fast Pitch Event.
- The remaining companies from the top 20 that did not advance to the final round will receive individual feedback from judges to help them identify opportunities for improvement going forward.
- Round 3 – The top 10 companies will present on-stage at the October 16 th Fast Pitch Event in Los Angeles, CA. They will have 5 minutes to present their pitch deck, followed by 5 minutes of Q&A from judges.
- The Fast Pitch Event will be attended by WFN Board Members, Judges and Jr. Judges, Sponsors, Pitch Coaches & Mentors, Angel Investors, VCs, executives from the LA business community and the press.
High-Level Judging Guideliness:
- Concept and Revenue - Business concept and revenue model are clearly articulated and meet customers' needs
- Competitive Advantage - Company's solution is better than anything offered by competitors and is defensible
- Team Members - Existing or planned team can credibly implement the business plan
- Marketing and Sales - Marketing and sales approaches are appropriate for acquiring customers
- Financial Plan - Reasonable financial plan with supporting documents
Must-Have Criteria: The criteria below are must-haves. If the company cannot answer ‘yes’ to all of these, it will be difficult to succeed.
- Addresses a sizeable market opportunity. Of course, sizeable is relative, but generally hundreds of millions or billions of dollars. Could address a smaller niche if the capital required is very limited.
- Solving a real market need – there is a problem that customers will pay to have solved. It is a must-have, not just a nice-to-have.
- Has a potential sustainable source of differentiation – cannot be easily copied either because of patents or some other unique quality.
- Has a clear path to making money (business model).
GrantWatch ID#: 180925
There are 10 Finalists and 1 Winner.
The prize packages includes $30,000+ in cash prizes. In addition, the Junior Judges’ winner receives $5,000 in cash.
Top 10 Finalists receive:
- Free professional services valued at thousands of dollars based on their needs, such as legal, marketing, accounting, etc.
- One-on-one coaching to prepare for the Fast Pitch Event
- Assigned a CEO Mentor for 3 hours of consultation
- Opportunity to attend Dolphin Tank for constructive feedback
- Meet and greet with WFN judges, board, sponsors, and investors
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
The online application will be available on May 1, 2018 on the Foundation's website.
For questions, please contact: email@example.com
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming