Foundation / Corporation
Grants of up to $5,000 to British Columbia registered charities for programs that benefit youth and involve technology and/or social innovation in the Sea-to-Sky Corridor. Funding is intended for operating or capital investments that are directly related to the program. Salaries or space dedicated to a program are also eligible.
GrantWatch ID#: 180946
TELUS Community Action Teams will consider requests for funding up to $5,000.
The Foundation only considers single-year requests.
Charities must be registered with the Canada Revenue Agency as a Canadian registered charity or qualified donee to apply for funding.
Organizations and programs that would be considered ineligible for a Community Board and Community Action Team donation:
- Religious or sectarian organizations (except where they represent non-denominational community and social support services), advocacy and special interest groups
- In-kind donations such as local or long-distance telephone services, or requests for reduced rates on telecommunication rates or services
- Retroactive requests or events and activities that take place outside of Canada
- Funding for individuals or competitive sports teams, goodwill advertising, travel expenses, field trips, tours, ticket purchases, funding to attend conferences or seminars, workshops, beauty pageants
Community foundations are eligible for funding only if a specific program managed by the foundation fits within existing funding guidelines. Support for a capital campaign or general donation is outside of funding guidelines and therefore ineligible
Ineligible operating costs are those which support the charity as a whole including utilities and overhead salaries.
- February 24
- May 26
- October 27
Charities can apply once a year in each city.
Charities can apply for a second consecutive year of funding if:
- The evaluation report received by TELUS, shows exemplary results of how previous funding was used
- There is a new component to the program that will enhance or expand its scope and the charity agrees to seek other funding to make the program sustainable
- The request is to support an entirely different program than what was funded previously
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Contact TELUS by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Sea-to-Sky Corridor
Canada: British Columbia