Foundation / Corporation
The American Playwriting Foundation
Award of $45,000 and professional development opportunities to a USA playwright in recognition of an unproduced new play that is unique, truthful, and fearless. Applications are encouraged from playwrights of color, first-time playwrights, and playwrights of diverse gender identifications. Funding is intended for unproduced plays that are not mainstream and that demonstrate passion and truthfulness.
The Foundation is looking for:
- Plays that are challenging.
- Plays that exhibit fearlessness.
- Plays that are not mainstream.
- Plays that exude passion.
- Plays that are relentlessly truthful.
GrantWatch ID#: 180988
- The author of the Relentless Award-winning play will receive $45,000.
- The winning playwright will have a week-long residency at SPACE on Ryder Farm, an artist residency program housed on a working organic farm in Brewster, New York.
- The Relentless Winning play, along with Finalists and Semifinalists, will receive development opportunities through the Ed Vassallo Relentless Reading Series, a series of staged readings at some of the top theaters across the United States.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply online via the form at: https://americanplaywritingfoundation.submittable.com/submit
If you're unsure whether your play received a full production, please email email@example.com, and the American Playwriting Foundation staff will determine whether the script is eligible.
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming