Foundation / Corporation
The Alaska Community Foundation (ACF)
02/20/19 5:00 PM
Grants ranging from $5,000 to $15,000 to Alaska nonprofits, schools, agencies, tribes, and faith-based and grassroots organizations working in the social justice sector for special projects, programs, and general operating support. Applicants are requested to contact the funding source before submitting an application. Funding is intended to promote leadership development and to address community and statewide social justice issues.
To be considered for funding, proposals must support efforts that are collaborative in nature, committed to leadership development, and actively address systemic social justice issues in Alaska.
The following types of support will be considered:
- Program Expansion or Creation: Supports specific projects or programs that serve the community and are linked to an organization’s primary mission.
- General Operational Support: Supports operations of organizations and programs directly addressing social justice issues. Organizations must demonstrate that general operating support is sustainable beyond the period for requested funds.
Additionally, ACF is highly interested in innovative programs and collaborative efforts that address systemic change related to social justice issues within their communities and champion leadership development. Lower priority is given to requests to pay for staff positions, and duplication of existing services.
GrantWatch ID#: 180993
Grant awards through this program will range from $5,000 to $15,000.
Grant awards may be eligible for renewal for an additional year.
- Your organization is a nonprofit, tribe, school, faith-based organization, local government agency, program, or grassroots organization.
- Your organization’s leadership and board are composed of individuals who represent and are accountable to the communities served.
- Your organization consults with the communities it serves and incorporates community priorities as part of its core focus.
- Your organization collaborates with local partners working on similar issues, and has a clear vision and strategy for improving the quality of life in the communities it serves.
- Your organization empowers community members to take collective action in addressing community needs.
- Your organization is interested in long-term, fundamental, ideological shifts in relation to social justice issues.
The following are not eligible for grant funding:
- State or federal government agencies
- For-profit organizations or businesses
- Organizations dedicated to advocacy or local chamber organizations
- Requests for endowment building, deficit financing, direct fundraising costs, lobbying, electioneering and activities of a political nature. However, research and educational activities are permitted.
- Advertisements, sponsorships, special events
- Activities that improperly discriminate as to race, gender, marital status, sexual preference, age, disability, creed or ethnicity or grants for religious indoctrination or other religious activities
- Activities outside the State of Alaska.
The Alaska Community Foundation will accept grant applications for the Social Justice Fund for Alaska from January 14, 2019 until 5:00 PM on February 20, 2019.
Please contact Katie St. John before applying. If your organization is a strong fit with the eligibility criteria and is interested in applying, ACF will discuss if your organization is a likely candidate for funding. Applications are submitted online.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Register and submit the LOI online:
Katie St. John, Vice President of Programs & Grants
Stefanie O’Brien, Program Officer of Grants & Scholarships
The Alaska Community Fund
3201 C Street, Suite 110
Anchorage, AK 99503