Foundation / Corporation
Keurig Dr Pepper and KaBOOM!
Grants of $15,000 to USA nonprofit organizations, municipal agencies, and schools to purchase playground equipment for the construction or renovation of a playground. Funding is intended to serve children from low-income families by creating safe playspaces for local communities, including the replacement of unsafe existing equipment.
A Built It Yourself - Let's Play Community Construction Grant will result in a custom-designed playground by the community and for the community. Community members are engaged in planning and building the playground. Grantees will lead their community through a self-guided planning process, using the $15,000 grant towards the total cost of playground equipment and assembling the playground using the KaBOOM! community-build model. Grantees will have the support of a remote KaBOOM! Grants Manager and an onsite Certified Playground Installer.
GrantWatch ID#: 181051
$15,000 grants are awarded to be used toward the purchase of playground equipment.
Grantees have up to one year to build the playground.
- Demonstrate the need for a playground.
- Be a non-profit, municipality, school or community group that serves low-income kids.
- Own land or have a long-term lease and land owner written permission.
Applicants without a playground or with existing equipment that is unsafe for children are eligible for this opportunity.
- Engage local community, parents and stakeholders in the planning and execution of the project.
- Raise a minimum of $9,000 toward the playground equipment (to supplement the $15,000 grant, for a total project value of $24,000). This amount does not include the cost for safety surfacing, freight, site preparation, installation supervision and any other non-playground equipment items.
- Complete site preparations and obtain necessary permits.
- Provide insurance coverage for the playground.
- Build the playground using an approved KaBOOM! playground vendor (BCI Burke, Landscape Structures, Playworld Systems or Miracle Recreation).
- Use the KaBOOM! community-build model to plan and build the playground.
- Finish the project within 12 months of the award.
Individual organization applicants are not required to be or partner with a nonprofit or municipal agency but partnering with one is strongly encouraged.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis throughout the year. Applications will be reviewed when complete.
There will be three funding rounds throughout the year. The deadlines for Parts I & II of the application are:
Round 1: January 19
Round 2: May 4
Round 3: September 4
Applicants with fully submitted applications will be notified of their status two months after each of the above application deadlines. Applicants will be contacted by email with instructions for the next steps.
For any other questions about the application process, please email the Foundation with "Community Construction Grant" in the subject line.
Grantees are awarded a $15,000 grant to be used toward the purchase of playground equipment. To supplement the $15,000 KaBOOM! grant, grantees are required to raise a minimum of $9,000 (for a total project value of $24,000) up to a maximum of $35,000 (for a total project value of $50,000) towards the cost of the playground project. This amount does not include the cost for safety surfacing, freight, site preparation, installation supervision and any other non-playground equipment items.
Build a Playground Toolkit:
KaBOOM! Preferred Vendors:
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming