Foundation / Corporation
AutoZone - ArtsMemphis
06/28/19 5:00 PM
Grants typically ranging from $5,000 to $30,000 to Tennessee arts-focused nonprofits in the greater Memphis area for program or project support, general operating support, or season sponsorship. A letter of intent is required before applying.
Priorities for funding are:
- Health and wellness: Chronic disease prevention, childhood illness, etc.
- Education and youth development: Early childhood development, K-12, higher education, college preparation, career readiness, etc.
- Community development: Hunger, homelessness, child protection, parks, tourism, neighborhood Enhancements, etc.
- Diversity and inclusion: Civil rights, inter-faith collaboration, minority leadership development, military support, etc.
- Arts and culture: Arts education, access, and promotion.
ArtsZone grants strengthen the Memphis community by combining AutoZone’s commitment to excellence and enrichment in the arts with ArtsMemphis’ grantmaking experience and knowledge.
GrantWatch ID#: 181067
There is not a suggested minimum or maximum request amount but grants typically range from $5,000 to $30,000.
Grant awards will be announced in September, so proposed projects should not begin before September 1, 2019. However, if you are requesting operating support, the request may be for the fiscal year that includes fall 2019, winter, spring and/or summer 2020.
ArtsZone is open to 501(c)(3) organizations in the Greater Memphis area with an arts focus, a minimum three-year history of presenting quality arts projects, and an active Board of Directors.
Capital campaigns are not supported through ArtsZone funding.
- April 1, 2019: Grant application opens
- April 20: Deadline to submit questions is 5:00 PM
- April 29, 2019: Letter of Intent due by 5:00 PM
- May 24, 2019: Invitation to submit full application sent. Organizations notified if they are not selected to submit a full application.
- June 7, 2019: WHEREtoGIVEmidsouth.org profile creation / update deadline.
- June 28, 2019: Applications due by 5:00 PM
- Week of July 8: Applicant Interviews- Exact Date and Time TBD
- October: Decisions Announced
LOIs are reviewed by ArtsMemphis and AutoZone staff.
Grant proposals are reviewed by a panel of AutoZone employees and funding decisions are made by this panel.
It is expected that other support applies to your proposed project so it is not advisable to request a high percentage of the project budget.
Online Grant Application platform: https://www.artsmemphis.org/grant-application-platform
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Online application portal: https://www.grantinterface.com/Home/Logon?urlkey=artsmemphis
Please send questions to:
Tracy Lauritzen Wright, Grant Administrator
Schedule a quick meeting or phone call with AutoZone Community Relations if concerned about a project: Jill.Coleraine@AutoZone.com
575 South Mendenhall
Memphis TN 38117
USA: Tennessee: Greater Memphis area