Foundation / Corporation
The Provident Bank Foundation (PBF)
05/15/19 3:00 PM EST
Grants to Pennsylvania and New Jersey nonprofit organizations in eligible areas for sustainable community service programs that provide long-term results. Applicants must submit an LOI prior to applying. Funding is intended for programs in education, community enrichment, health, youth, and families.
The Signature Grant emphasizes sustainable community enhancement, meaningful impact, and long-term change. PBF seeks to build relationships with organizations that have the capacity and drive to create this change. Programs that detail reliable methods for measuring change over time will have a competitive advantage, as will programs that feature a regular and sustained presence in the lives of program participants.
In 2019, special consideration will be given to:
- Programs that address an immediate need or issue;
- Programs that propose a solution to a systemic need or issue;
- Programs designed to complement or catalyze a significant enhancement of access to or impact of existing services
Funding Priority Areas:
Community Enrichment: Community and economic development programs that address obstacles to workforce development and access by providing job training, placement assistance, and comprehensive supportive services for individuals facing challenges in the workforce.
Education: Innovative programming that expands access to, and improves the quality of, academic development opportunities to increase educational capacity for students of all ages.
Health, Youth, and Families: Innovative solutions to chronic problems that impact quality of life for people of all ages and means, such as safe and affordable housing, access to healthcare, and crisis assistance.
GrantWatch ID#: 181171
Up to 3, one for each Funding Priority Area.
Programs will be funded for 12 months and must start between August 15 and October 31, 2019.
Organizations seeking a Signature Grant from PBF must be certified as a tax exempt public charity under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and classified as “not a private foundation” under Section 509(a)(1) or 509(a)(2).
PBF seeks grantee organizations that show passion for their mission and meet high standards of governance, accountability, and fiscal management.
Applicants must be based in, serve, or demonstrate proposed program impact within at least one of the following geographies, and specifically within or contiguous to communities where Provident Bank has a physical presence:
- New Jersey: Bergen, Essex, Hudson, Hunterdon, Mercer, Middlesex, Monmouth, Morris, Ocean, Passaic, Somerset, Union and/or Warren Counties
- Pennsylvania: Lehigh Valley (eastern portion of Lehigh County and southeastern portion of Northampton County) and/or Bucks County
An organization whose request is not funded in 2019 may reapply in 2020, but not before.
Signature Grant recipients agree to a three (3) calendar year hiatus and cannot seek additional funding from PBF during that time (i.e., recipients of a 2019 Signature Grant are not eligible to apply for PBF funding until 2023).
PBF will not accept applications from organizations with prior grants that are still active as of March 1, 2019.
PBF will not fund the following:
- Organizations not exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code
- Organizations not classified in Section 509(a)(1) or 509(a)(2)
- Organizations that use a third-party fiscal sponsor’s Tax ID number/exempt status
- Grants for scholarships to individuals
- Grants to other grant-making organizations
- Sacramental or theological functions of religious organizations
- Political causes, candidates, organizations, or campaigns
- Multi-year funding requests
In addition, special limitations apply to Signature Grants. PBF will not support:
- Sponsorships or fundraising events
- Endowments or capital campaigns
- Capital expenses or construction projects
- Existing deficits or retroactive funding
- Letters of Intent available: January 2
- Letters of Intent due: March 1 by 3:00 PM EST
- Notification of Letter of Intent decisions: Week of April 1
- Applications due: May 15 by 3:00 PM EST
- Calls and/or site visits: June 1 through July 12
- Notification of Application decisions: July 26
- Check presentations: August 15 through September 30
- Allowable program start dates: August 15 through October 31
PBF only accepts one request per organization per calendar year at any level.
Grant payments will be made incrementally. The first installment ($50,000) will be made at the time of the check presentation. The second installment ($50,000) will be made after a successful and satisfactory review of the grant progress at the 3-Month In-Person Check-In.
Video on 2019 Signature Grant updates:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Jane Kurek, Executive Director
Provident Bank Foundation
250 Madison Avenue
Morristown, NJ 07960
USA: New Jersey: Bergen, Essex, Hudson, Hunterdon, Mercer, Middlesex, Monmouth, Morris, Ocean, Passaic, Somerset, Union, and Warren Counties; Pennsylvania: Lehigh Valley (eastern portion of Lehigh County and southeastern portion of Northampton County) and Bucks County