Foundation / Corporation
Community Foundation of Western Nevada - Dream Tags Charitable Fund
02/08/19 Noon - Emergency funding requests may be submitted at any time.
Grants to Nevada nonprofits, educational institutions, and government entities for projects with long-term impact that support the restoration, management, preservation, and protection of local wildlife and at-risk habitats. Funding is also available for emergency needs.
Proposals are encouraged for the following:
1. Projects that improve, protect, or restore habitat
2. Projects that embrace unique opportunities for advancing the mission of wildlife conservation in Nevada
3. Projects that address emergency needs
4. Other projects that meet the evaluation criteria
Each proposal will be evaluated on criteria that include but are not limited to:
- Measurable outcomes in accordance with the exclusive goal of the Dream Tags Charitable Fund.
- Monitoring and reporting to learn from the project and track project accomplishments.
- Closeness of project focus to areas of funding emphasis (on-the-ground habitat improvements).
- Readiness of sponsoring organization to undertake and complete project.
- Opportunities to partner with others to leverage funds and accomplish larger outcomes.
- Consistency with established Dream Tags Charitable Fund operations (timeline, match, etc.).
- Impact on preservation, protection, management, or restoration of Nevada’s wildlife and its habitat.
- Absence of negative or unintended consequences.
- Solutions to known problems as identified through past research and monitoring.
GrantWatch ID#: 181175
Applicants must be registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit agencies, nonprofit educational institutions, or governmental entities. Projects must be performed in Nevada.
To be eligible for funding, grantees must adhere to the following requirements:
- Monies are to be used and/or disbursed exclusively for the charitable uses and purposes.
- The Dream Tags Fund shall be used exclusively to provide support for the preservation, protection, management, or restoration of Nevada’s wildlife and its habitat.
- The Charitable Beneficiaries may include 501(c)(3) organizations and governmental entities. Any grants to governmental entities must be made exclusively for public benefit purposes.
- All grantees will be required to sign a grant agreement stipulating their agreement with all of the terms, conditions, and reporting requirements.
- To maintain eligibility to receive grant funds, each Charitable Beneficiary must comply at all times with the following requirements:
1. Charitable Beneficiaries must be exempt from federal income taxation under Section 501(c)(3) of the Code;
2. Charitable Beneficiaries shall use all Fund distributions toward projects that are appropriate and legal public expenditures;
3. Charitable Beneficiaries must provide financial details and/or reports of their organizations upon request;
4. Charitable Beneficiaries must not use any Fund distributions for political contributions or political advocacy;
5. Charitable Beneficiaries must implement the projects, activities, and/or programs for which they received Fund distributions as agreed upon in the grant acceptance agreement, or must return all such distributions to the Community Foundation forthwith;
6. Charitable Beneficiaries must provide the Community Foundation with quarterly reports detailing the activities of their projects and/or programs; and
7. Charitable Beneficiaries must sign an agreement regarding their compliance with the qualifications hereof.
Deadline for non-emergency proposals is noon on February 8, 2019. Emergency funding requests may be submitted at any time.
Applicants must provide a minimum 25 percent match for funds requested. Guidelines for requests of matching funds are provided in the attached application form.
Grants are typically paid on a reimbursable basis for actual expenditures. Funding will not be provided for work performed prior to grant approval.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Applications may be sent to the Community Foundation of Western Nevada by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a question about NV Dream Tags or NV Dream Tag grants, call Lauren Renda, Program Officer at the Community Foundation of Western Nevada 775-333-5499.
Community Foundation of Western Nevada
50 Washington Street, Suite 300
Reno, NV 89503